Rhode Island Red Thread!

Pics
I've been following this thread and I'm just wondering, how is Phillie??

Ha ha, well... I still am not 100% sure how she is. She 17 weeks and still has practically no comb and has never crowed that I've heard, so I'm pretty sure she is still a she. Her feathers are still confused though so I'm not going to assume anything. She's still the smallest, quietest, and the loner. She's also molting out a lot of her tail feathers. Even after I took pics today she dropped out 2 more. My BSL recently dropped all of hers so I think it's just that time. Hopefully when they grow back in I'll finally have a clue LOL. Thanks for checking in on her :) I'll post some pics from today.

hackle

comb and wattles (It actually looks a lot larger in this close up pic than it usually does)

saddle

With my Welly and BSL of the same age

Ha ha, well... I still am not 100% sure how she is. She 17 weeks and still has practically no comb and has never crowed that I've heard, so I'm pretty sure she is still a she. Her feathers are still confused though so I'm not going to assume anything. She's still the smallest, quietest, and the loner. She's also molting out a lot of her tail feathers. Even after I took pics today she dropped out 2 more. My BSL recently dropped all of hers so I think it's just that time. Hopefully when they grow back in I'll finally have a clue LOL. Thanks for checking in on her :) I'll post some pics from today. hackle comb and wattles (It actually looks a lot larger in this close up pic than it usually does) saddle With my Welly and BSL of the same age
Yep. 99.999999999999999999999999% it's a she.

She looks sweet!!

She's very timid and skittish and fast. She's the hardest to catch, she struggles a bit to be put down when held. She's lowest ranked in the flock for sure. She doesn't really get picked on but if there's treats for example she'll get pushed out of the way and then she just goes off to be by herself, she doesn't fight her way back in. She's very quiet. She will eat out of my hand and I've never had her be mean to me or to the other chickens.

That's cool. Hope she will start laying soon. Do you mean that she is a production RIR or a production red? Could she be a RSL??

Back
Top Bottom