Durb99

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2017
These pullets are about 10 weeks old, and 2 were supposed to be Reds and 2 were supposed to be Buckeyes. However, after looking up pictures of what the adult version of these breeds are supposed to look like, I am not so sure I know which chick is which breed anymore. Also, is the Barred Rock a rooster? His/her pics were taken at 8 weeks old.

Debbie.jpg

This is Debbie, who I think is a Red.

Dixie.jpg

This is Dixie, who I thought was a Buckeye, but now seems too light to be one as the adult pictures showed very dark birds.

Dolly.jpg

This is Dolly Parthen, who I thought was a Red, but due to her darker color may be a Buckeye?

Amelia.jpg

This is Amelia Eggheart, and I am not sure what she is.

Group Shot.jpg

This is a group shot of them side by side. Dolly, Debbie, and Dixie are on the rim of the pool, and Amelia is on the ground.

Alpha.jpg

This is Alpha, the Barred Rock.

Thanks for any replies, I really appreciate it!

Here are their combs. From what I looked up online of what a single comb vs pea comb looks like, it would appear Debbie is the only RIR and Amelia/Dolly are buckeyes. Would you agree? Dixie's comb isn't coming in much yet, but it looks like it may be a pea comb too, right? Wondering why her feathers are so different from the rest of them though. Is it possible shes not a RIR or a buckeye?

@oldhenlikesdogs @RoostersAreAwesome @chicks are life also thank you for your responses! I greatly appreciate it :)

Here are their combs. From what I looked up online of what a single comb vs pea comb looks like, it would appear Debbie is the only RIR and Amelia/Dolly are buckeyes. Would you agree? Dixie's comb isn't coming in much yet, but it looks like it may be a pea comb too, right? Wondering why her feathers are so different from the rest of them though. Is it possible shes not a RIR or a buckeye?

@oldhenlikesdogs @RoostersAreAwesome @chicks are life also thank you for your responses! I greatly appreciate it :)

Did the pic not upload right, or is my computer just being weird? Let me try again:
Combs.jpg
Combs.jpg

Debbie doe look like your only Rhode island red. Dixie could be a poorly colored one or could be she gets darker as she gets her adult feathers.

@lazy gardener I believe has buckeye, as well @Leahs Mom ,hopefully they will pop in and give their opinions.

I think I agree. Dollie & Amelia look like Bucks based on their combs.

Dixie has a totally different feather coloring. I don't know a lot about sex links, but is it possible he/she is a red sex link of some type? Isa Brown or something? (I'm ignorant on those.)

Back
Top Bottom