Rhode Island

Pics
Thanks! I ended up getting them at Cluck which is in Cranston. The owners are really nice and they have everything you could need for chickens there. There are chickens, goats, sheep, alpaca, ducks, and two dogs at the onsite farm! I highly recommend checking it out.

Awesome....I'm glad you were able to find what u wanted/needed, locally too (whoo-hooo...that's great. Especially since it's not always possible or available ...ya'know, Rhode Island being RI an all )
I'll definitely have to check 'Cluck' out though!!...love being able to shop local/small business when I can. Plus....you said my obsession. GOATs!!! <3 <3 Have to look into & find out my local laws first though...grrrr, because they make it SO easy to do so lol

We are in Charlestown RI and are in the process of moving to Lebanon CT on May 30. We have some bantams that we were looking to rehome as we are really more large fowl people. This is our first time trying out bantam breeds and were looking to rehome them prior to our move.
For pullets I have 2 golden sebrights, 1 white Japanese, 1 mille fleur d'uccle and 1 porcelain d'uccle

For cockerels I have 1 golden sebright, 1 silver duckwing OEGB and 1 white Japanese

They are about 9 weeks old, fully feathered and out in the coop. Purchased from TSC
Thanks!

Extra Eggs?

I typically end up with a few dozen eggs, even after we eat out share (or more than our share), and give some to family and neighbors.

One of the local churches here in West Greenwich runs a food pantry, so I dropped them an email to see if they'd accept backyard eggs. They said they'd be happy to, and yesterday we dropped off 3 dozen.

They're only open a few days a month (Tuesday of the third full week of the month), but next month, I plan to bring more eggs.

Wanted to let folks in RI know in case they were in my neck of the woods and wanted a way to do some good with their excess eggs!

Here's the church's website: https://www.faithfellowshipaog.org/read-me/

Hi all, I'm in Rehoboth MA, recently hopped the border from Cranston. Hoping to find someone interested in these gorgeous blue amerucana cockerels, 16 weeks old. I can't keep all the cockerels I ended up with and would like to see these guys go to a nice home as they are handsome and nice guys.
IMG_20180724_195329.jpg
IMG_20180724_195254.jpg

I’m in desperate need of a good home for my 2 boys. Animal control gave me until this weekend. Anyone need some roosters?? Looking for a place they can live and be happy and not end up in a freezer!
C5AACBB5-47EB-438D-9835-C7FAC5921CAD.jpeg
59FE50D9-1079-466F-B5BC-9934BA7ECA4C.jpeg

Hello Rhode Islanders! Newbie chicken momma from North Smithfield. Purchased a coop that came with 5 one year old golden comets at the end of spring. My girls went from never leaving their pitiful run to having the run of the place free ranging. Hubby just built them a nice big run for when they can't get out because I like to watch them due to predators and they are so happy. I loved reading all your stories! I accidentally sat here for over an hour reading this whole thread

Hey all, I'm new to raising animals that don't bark, and am loving it/considering expanding. I have no friends or family that have ever raised poultry/livestock, and would like to get some exposure with a larger operation before making any life decisions. Willing to do farm work in exchange for farming wisdom and experience!

Also have two white layer drakes I would like to rehome, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom