Rhode Island

Pics
Hello all! First time posting, but long time "stalker" and 2 year Chicken owner :D I received my first chickens from a coworker that went a little overboard for a client she worked for ordering chickens and asked if I wanted some. Ummmmmm, YES!!!!! I started with 4 pullets but saw them grow up on the farm.
Meadow : Welsummer
Feather : Cream Legbar
Cookie : Barred Rock
and lastly
Rosita : RI Red
The first pics was when I first brought them to my home in August 2018.
Then
First chickens!.jpg

First Chickens.jpg

Now
Meadow : Welsummer
View attachment 2505011

View attachment 2505012
Rosita aka: Seahag : RI Red (She somehow caught her comb on something during the summer and ripped it half off her head, she luckily healed fine with no issues but her comb now has a mind of its own, so between that and her not having the greatest personality/attitude we nicknamed her)
We unfortunately no longer have Feather with us as she was a failure to thrive, staying small and when I had her necropsied she had a lack of all her reproductive organs which also explains besides her smallness why she never laid for us. A few months after Feather, Cookie died of a heart attack :(
Thankfully there have been no other incidences and I have a happy healthy flock with new additions as of last summer, raised by me as chicks.

Ophelia : Blue Splash Orpington
View attachment 2505014
Cheek-a-chu : Blue Splash Ameracauna

View attachment 2505015
Willow : Cream Legbar
View attachment 2505017
Captain : Mille Fleur Belgian d'Uccle Bantam Roo
IMG_1646.jpg

Oh! And July 2020 we were adopted by a stray Guinea Fowl pair, his mate disappeared, we guessed she was laying on eggs because we saw them "doing the dance" ;P, however we were unable to locate her or her nest.
Long after it was around the time her eggs should've hatched there was still no sign of her, but Joe kept coming around, so we decided to let him stay much to the chagrin of our neighbors :eek:
Joe also still has his territory, from my yard to a fellow Joe loving friends yard a street away :D He's seriously the best!

Joe : Guinea Fowl
View attachment 2505020
Joe peeking in on his fellow human friend in his territory : aka our neigbor, who luckily loves him as much as we do :lol:
View attachment 2505019

Sorry for the long story and heavy pic post, but I hope you all enjoy viewing and reading as much as I enjoyed typing this up and sharing my little flock.
Pretty birds!

Hello Rhode Islanders!! I am in Charlestown RI. It’s been a while since I posted. This year I decided to add 3 more Americanus to my flock. One of them turned out to be a beautiful silver gray rooster. He just started Cockadoodling today. Sadly I need to find him a home as I can’t keep a rooster. If anyone out there is interested please let me know. I’m hoping to find him someone who will keep him in their flock and not eat him. Fingers crossed.

Hello everyone! I'm smack on the border of RI and MA, so figured I'd post in both. I just recently became a chicken mom. I have 4 lively ladies, 2 GLWyandotte and 2 ISA. I am hoping to increase my flock with Barred Rock and RIR. Am also intrigued with Buff Orpinton, Speckled Sussex and Buckeye. If anyone can suggest other lovelies to care for in this area, let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom