Ribh's D'Coopage

“Yep, that bit’s clear now. You can put the paver down. Next bit!”
My lot stood there & shouted contradictory stuff:
Did you see what he just did?
No! No! Not there.
I thought that looked better over there.
He hasn't got much of an eye has he?
He should let his brother do it.
[ouch!]
This is better than the chicken races. We should get them to do it again some time.
:gig:lau

This was going to end badly.:he
I was surprised that Tap would risk it, but she wanted to lay her egg with her others. Can't really fault her on that front. I was expecting Fat Bird to whack her and she did. Tap didn't give up though. She teetered around the edge of the nest box until she found a space large enough to wedge herself in; not an easy thing to do with Fat Bird in the box, and finally dove into a promising looking space. She got pecked unsurprisingly. She just buried her head in a corner and waited for Fat Bird to give up. That went okay much to my surprise but then Tap decided she wanted her eggs as well which were under Fat Bird. The eggs went one way, then the other. I could hear the banging into each other like billiard balls.
Facepalm.gif

Two broke in one hit. I heard them go. Fat Bird knows a thing, or two about egg belly and abandoned ship. Tap started eating the broken eggs but her bum was hanging over the edge. It seems in her greed she had forgotten she was delivery further supplies and the egg plummeted to the floor. Of course it broke. That's three eggs broken now! Fat Bird who is on the floor now starts to eat the gravity assisted delivery.
Cillin who had been present at the start of the drama obviously looked at the two in the box and though, quite rightly imo, I don't want none of that and had headed off to the sheep shed with all but Treacle and the two participants. Bear in mind it's pissing down with rain so he must have seen a very unpleasant outcome.
Broken eggs are not something one can just leave in the house hoping they'll get better. They don't. They smell and they're sticky and chickens do not seem to mind the sensation of gooey egg on the soles of their feet. That's okay if they stood still and cleaned up, but they don't; they walk about with a bit of shell, or membrane hanging off their beaks and leave funny little three fingered patterns everywhere they go.
Did I mention it's pissing down with rain?
I evict everybody, Tap complaining bitterly that it wasn't fair and I just wanted all the egg for myself and Fat Bird appalled that I would chuck her out in the rain. Treacle is way out of depth on this one and hurried off to get into the maternity unit under cover.
I couldn't help thinking as I stood outside in the pissing rain stripping the nest box out that there was something terribly wrong here. Treacle observing from the shelter of the maternity unit and Fat Bird and Tap who had headed straight back in through the door as I headed out carrying the nest box now standing out of the rain just inside the doorway.:rolleyes:
No, I didn't remember to take my camera out with me, and no I didn't get any pictures in the rain mainly because I need both hands to carry nest box, scrubbing brush and bleach!!
No I am not having a 'nice day', thank you for asking............
Facepalm.gif
P6083842.JPG
P6083843.JPG
P6083844.JPG

I was surprised that Tap would risk it, but she wanted to lay her egg with her others. Can't really fault her on that front. I was expecting Fat Bird to whack her and she did. Tap didn't give up though. She teetered around the edge of the nest box until she found a space large enough to wedge herself in; not an easy thing to do with Fat Bird in the box, and finally dove into a promising looking space. She got pecked unsurprisingly. She just buried her head in a corner and waited for Fat Bird to give up. That went okay much to my surprise but then Tap decided she wanted her eggs as well which were under Fat Bird. The eggs went one way, then the other. I could hear the banging into each other like billiard balls.View attachment 2183832
Two broke in one hit. I heard them go. Fat Bird knows a thing, or two about egg belly and abandoned ship. Tap started eating the broken eggs but her bum was hanging over the edge. It seems in her greed she had forgotten she was delivery further supplies and the egg plummeted to the floor. Of course it broke. That's three eggs broken now! Fat Bird who is on the floor now starts to eat the gravity assisted delivery.
Cillin who had been present at the start of the drama obviously looked at the two in the box and though, quite rightly imo, I don't want none of that and had headed off to the sheep shed with all but Treacle and the two participants. Bear in mind it's pissing down with rain so he must have seen a very unpleasant outcome.
Broken eggs are not something one can just leave in the house hoping they'll get better. They don't. They smell and they're sticky and chickens do not seem to mind the sensation of gooey egg on the soles of their feet. That's okay if they stood still and cleaned up, but they don't; they walk about with a bit of shell, or membrane hanging off their beaks and leave funny little three fingered patterns everywhere they go.
I evict everybody, Tap complaining bitterly that it wasn't fair and I just wanted all the egg for myself and Fat Bird appalled that I would chuck her out in the rain. Treacle is way out of depth on this one and hurried off to get into the maternity unit under cover.
I couldn't help thinking as I stood outside in the pissing rain stripping the nest box out that there was something terribly wrong here. Treacle observing from the shelter of the maternity unit and Fat Bird and Tap who had headed straight back in through the door as I headed out carrying the nest box now standing out of the rain just inside the doorway.:rolleyes:
No, I didn't remember to take my camera out with me, and no I didn't get any pictures in the rain mainly because I need both hands to carry nest box, scrubbing brush and bleach!!
View attachment 2183832View attachment 2183866View attachment 2183868View attachment 2183869
Some days are like that.:(

I take it the humour didn't come across well.:p
I could have stopped it and knew pretty much what the outcome would be. I was fascinated to see just how far Tap would push her luck.:lol:
No. The humour came across really well. I shared it with *that man* but moving vehicles & touch screens are not a good combination. I was trying to be quick.

I was surprised that Tap would risk it, but she wanted to lay her egg with her others. Can't really fault her on that front. I was expecting Fat Bird to whack her and she did. Tap didn't give up though. She teetered around the edge of the nest box until she found a space large enough to wedge herself in; not an easy thing to do with Fat Bird in the box, and finally dove into a promising looking space. She got pecked unsurprisingly. She just buried her head in a corner and waited for Fat Bird to give up. That went okay much to my surprise but then Tap decided she wanted her eggs as well which were under Fat Bird. The eggs went one way, then the other. I could hear the banging into each other like billiard balls.View attachment 2183832
View attachment 2183832View attachment 2183866View attachment 2183868View attachment 2183869
Chicken chaos!

Back
Top Bottom