Ribh's D'Coopage

One kinda-sick Partridge Cochin rooster for sale: He's very kind, gentle, great with the ladies. But he's breaking my heart by the gurgling sounds emanating from his throat. No vets near me either.
I have lost too much already, and don't want to lose this little guy.
I'm sad to hear this Alex! I really hope he gets better!

Anne McCaffery's world of Pern and her dragons are a very satisfying creation. 🥰 I love Michael Whelan's illustrations of them, they are just perfect.

I'm on a bit of a nostalgia trip at the moment and re-reading some of my favorites.

Patricia McKillip: The Riddle Master Trilogy

Robin Hobb: Fitz and the Fool Trilogy, The Live Ship Traders Trilogy (loved the premise of this one), The Rainwild trilogy. All in the same universe. Very rich story telling.

Dave Duncan: The Seventh Sword series, Magic Casement, Faery Lands Forlorn, Perilous Seas,
Emperor and Clown (Pandemia: A man of his word series)

And if you love children's/ Young adult fiction Patricia Wrightson's Book of Wirrun series is wonderful. The hero is a young Australian Aboriginal man. The first book is "The Ice is Coming".

Uh oh, I think I may have given away that I am quite fond of fantasy too.... 🤓
More books to read...like I said I'm not going to get anything done...my to read list is growing quite long! 💞

It seems like my rooster, is hanging on to life on my account. (Maybe he knows how bad I'm going to feel, if he passes away) He's trying so hard to crow, but can't. He's breathing is rough, and he sneezes in order to breathe better. There are no avian vets anywhere near me, or he would have been seen already! It's been a long night, and will be an even longer day for me.
Thanks for reading this my friends.:hugs
Have you contacted a regular vet Alex? You could probably get an antibiotic from one!

Today Rich and I finally tackled moving my main layer flock's run. We quickly threw together this run when the neighbors call the Boro on us. It was not at all how I wanted it to look like or where I wanted it to be.

I took A LOT of pictures, so I'll post them in thumbnail size, please click on them to see them in detail.❤

I pulled out all the posts I could, then I called in the reinforcements, Rich pulled out the rest for me.
View attachment 2351008

We built a little walk way to the new run. We'll cover this with plastic this winter, it faces North.
View attachment 2351010
All the light colored dirt is the old run. We're going to level it off and plant grass again.

I found this amazing chicken feeder for $20 at a yard sale a couple weeks ago! Now I just need them to be afraid of it.😒
View attachment 2351011

My helper was not always very helpful...
View attachment 2351013

The run now goes along the side of their coop and down the hill to the back of the house. They have lots of grass to scratch at.
View attachment 2351015

This is the side view. We were running put of day light so the orange fence is temporary. We only got half the netting up.
View attachment 2351018

That's my kitchen Pantry above the coop. That's my living room window overlooking the run.❤
View attachment 2351019

It won't take long to finish up and we have now doubled their run size. They are now out of the direct wind and sun.

View attachment 2351050
A beautiful ending to a productive day!
That looks really nice...your flock will love the extra room to roam!💞

Back
Top Bottom