Ribh's D'Coopage

I believe my words were click that thingy then paste the other thingy, whereas you've provided a shining lesson with pictures and everything!
I have spent a large part of my early career writing procedures for people who had never touched a computer. I think I may get a little too excited about the chance to do so again. :caf

Alpia is in broody jail. 🙄 It's not all bad. The food & water is all hers. No fighting off the Goths & Visigoths. She can see & hear her tribe, she just can't get into a nesting box.

I will sit her on a roost again tonight because
  • I hate anyone being in that little prefab on their own
  • the little coop isn't well protected [as Shad says: what fences? ]
  • Anyone condemned there gets really distressed when everyone else goes to roost.
  • I sleep better when I know everyone's tucked up together. :lau
  • Something large has been prowling my yard @ night [knocked over a bird bath]~ probably a wallaby but I don't want to risk it having been a large dog.
Be careful out there at night. Will you move her back in the morning then?

I finished this off this morning while I was chatting with you lot. I've not tried this pattern before; it's a bit long & narrow but I'll know if I ever decide to use it again.
It should work as a child's afghan...🤔
View attachment 2355212
It is absolutely gorgeous. I love those colors. Great job!

Remember all those neat pictures in primary school of little bee hexagons?
Our bees hives don't look anything like that! 😮
It looks like a morbid growth of some kind.😵

View attachment 2355348

This is the 1st enduction hive.
It's having a slight ant attack but the bees are starting to build a new hive.
View attachment 2355349
They are really different for sure. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

We had the kiddie wading pool out for months for our Golden Retriever to paddle in and the frogs laid eggs in it.

When hubby emptied it out recently, there were still a few tadpoles in it. The chooks made short work of them!
It's always great to raise your own chicken food! 😆

My neighbour gave me an old, hand cranked sewing machine that they were throwing out. I fixed its carry case, have given it a clean and I plan on having it serviced and repaired.

View attachment 2355517

I can feel a new hobby coming on....
Outstanding! That is very cool. Good for you. :clap

Back
Top Bottom