Ribh's D'Coopage

For what it's worth...
Here, if one chicken has mites, or lice, then the others in that tribe have them too. The problem is, on some it's a lot less apparent than it is on others and some seem to be more susceptible to one, or the other, than others. As usual:rolleyes: Tribe 2 has a mite problem. It's very minor because I torch the coop, but on Hinge they are a problem while on Bracket for example they are not. It's the same with scaly leg mite. Mag, Nolia and Lock get them badly; the others have them on and off and seem to be able to deal with them better.
Worms here is different. One chicken can have worms and the others not.
Bear in mind if you have red mite, which are not red at all but pale grey until they feed, you are unlikely to see them on the chicken. They live in the coop and come out at night like all good vampires do.
Mites you can see on the chicken here at least, are likely to be Northern Fowl mite. These are pretty serious and will if left untreated for not that long, make the chicken sick.
With both lice and mites it's not the ones that you can see crawling about that are the major problem, it's the eggs. If you don't deal with the eggs then even after apparently ridding the chicken of the live moving ones the eggs hatch and the cycle goes on.
My eyesight isn't good close up. I run a finger nail down thhe feather shaft to the skin. It should be absolutely smooth. If you can feel bumps a closer inspection is required. I have a quite powerful magnifying glass. I find this helps a lot.
A magnifying glass I have! :) That is very helpful. Thanks, Shad!

I will do everyone ~ which is my standard if I have to treat one bird. The Pestene seems fairly effective @ treating the lice here while I wait on the other arriving.

Donk and her daughter Knock in the bamboo.
PA180103.jpeg

Notch and Myth just a few feet away.
PA180104.jpeg

@Aussie-Chookmum : On the right hand side of the bar, next to the emoticon icon, are 3 dots. Click on the drop bar. Click spoiler. Insert what you want between the spoilers. Have I been clear enough...?

They don't leave much of a gap for one's message do they?
Thanks Ribh.
Here is a bonus photo of Edwina with her copper neck feathers shining in the sun.
IMG20200920160104(2).jpg

Good evening folks :frow

@Aussie-Chookmum somehow you got two "end spoiler" nodes rather than the start and end... Replace the squiggly brackets with square [ ] brackets. The word "Test" is the text that appears on the spoiler. Anything between the start and end is contained under the spoiler.

{SPOILER="Test"} put what ever you want to hide here {/SPOILER}
Thanks Bob!

I've done it! :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom