Ribh's D'Coopage

Shadrach

Roosterist
Jul 31, 2018
Catalonia, Spain
My Coop
My Coop
I have just been down to the vets to pick up the coccidiosis medication to be administered individually by syringe to each chicken. Apparently we are not to eat the eggs for the next 56 days ~ which seems rather a long time to me. But what do I know.

Wrold will be first because she is already in broody jail & therefore easiest to nab.

View attachment 2494986
I've never seen that prescribed for coccidosis before. It's reputed to be very effective.

Shadrach

Roosterist
Jul 31, 2018
Catalonia, Spain
My Coop
My Coop
Moon.
P1190107.JPG

Ribh

Addict
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
I've never seen that prescribed for coccidosis before. It's reputed to be very effective.

I hope so. It has a long holding period though: 56 days. :(

The worming tablets were for dogs; this is for pigs & cattle but I watched her look up the dose for chickens so... I have no idea so I have to trust she knows what she's prescribing.

Ribh

Addict
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop

I have quickly developed a soft spot for Desdemona.
I was late letting the little ones out. The big girls were rampaging & the littlies had holed up in their coop. It took some encouraging to get them all out but eventually everyone except Desdemona was happily scratching in the leaf litter.

I stuck my hand in the run. She hopped on & let me lift her out but she was in no hurry to vacate such a prime position. She remained on my hand as I sat down & rested my hand on my knee, giving me an earful! :lol:

I'd've liked to know what she was saying. She sounded pretty cross about it but wasn't scared or anxious. When she'd had her say she hopped down & went about her business.

20210120_100236.jpg

Top Bottom