Ribh's D'Coopage

Aussie-Chookmum

Obeying her avian masters
Premium Feather Member
Apr 20, 2019
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
Sorry. It's a crap picture because the light wasn't poor enough for the flash to work but the dopey bird is perched on top of my head trying to roost tonight. 🙄 :lau
Oh, that's a relief! 🤣

I was afraid she had a bald bum and was egg bound or something scary!

...Sorry for comparing your forehead to a bald bum Ribh. :oops:

Edit: I went back to look again and now I can see where you stop and she starts. 😅

Ribh

Addict
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
I finally convinced her to roost where she belongs but she wasn't real keen on vacating a prime spot! 😆 She kept eyeing me off as if I might relent & let her stay.🙄
20210222_182503.jpg

Ribh

Addict
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
I took the man to the mainland today. They are shooting painkillers directly into his spine & it was stinking hot so very misery making. I headed straight out to the girls when I got home Thinking I'd have a nice quiet time with the girls while it cooled down. I picked up Desdemona & :eek: ~ lice. So it was out with the Pestene dust, & round up everybody one by one.🙄 I have a lot of chooks & very few of them are actually co~operative. Still, only 3 or 4 of them actually had lice so it seems I noticed in good time & I don't have to deal with a major infestation. I dusted down the roosts while I was at it too. The Littlies are still learning essential chook basics like dustbathing so hopefully they will get it under control for themselves shortly.

Aussie-Chookmum

Obeying her avian masters
Premium Feather Member
Apr 20, 2019
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
I took the man to the mainland today. They are shooting painkillers directly into his spine & it was stinking hot so very misery making. I headed straight out to the girls when I got home Thinking I'd have a nice quiet time with the girls while it cooled down. I picked up Desdemona & :eek: ~ lice. So it was out with the Pestene dust, & round up everybody one by one.🙄 I have a lot of chooks & very few of them are actually co~operative. Still, only 3 or 4 of them actually had lice so it seems I noticed in good time & I don't have to deal with a major infestation. I dusted down the roosts while I was at it too. The Littlies are still learning essential chook basics like dustbathing so hopefully they will get it under control for themselves shortly.
Good on you for picking it up so quickly. I have a spot where I mix some sand, diatomaceous earth and wood ash into the soil that girls occasionally use. I don't know if it helps more than plain dirt (I hope so) but at least they have the option. It's pretty amazing when they shake afterwards though. Clouds of dust everywhere!

Top Bottom