BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
My Coop
My Coop
The photo is a little blurry but is Olivia perched on your head!?
SHRA tax
20210222_074233.jpg

Ribh

Addict
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
Good on you for picking it up so quickly. I have a spot where I mix some sand, diatomaceous earth and wood ash into the soil that girls occasionally use. I don't know if it helps more than plain dirt (I hope so) but at least they have the option. It's pretty amazing when they shake afterwards though. Clouds of dust everywhere!
I've heard differing reports about diatomaceous earth. Some people swear by it, others swear it's a waste of money. In winter all our fire ash goes in the runs & coop. The girls love it & I find it helps with odours too.

LaFemmeKatia

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
May 14, 2020
South Carolina
My Coop
My Coop
I've heard differing reports about diatomaceous earth. Some people swear by it, others swear it's a waste of money. In winter all our fire ash goes in the runs & coop. The girls love it & I find it helps with odours too.
Don’t the birds get sooty? Just wondering.

drstratton

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Mar 15, 2020
Eastern WA - USA
My Coop
My Coop
Eve's Adventures

Eve has left us tho return home to her Dad. We had a wonderful visit. The Wombat books were a big hit as always. I read and read them. Thanks so much @LozzyR

Since it's Caturday let's see how the cats did with her.

Davis tends to hide when any strangers come to the house, especially small children. Isabel is pretty good with people overall. I figured we would not see Davis at all. I was very wrong.

He was extremely tolerant of Eve and for her part, Eve was very good with both of them. No grabbing, no fur pulling. In fact she was so good it would give me confidence to try something else before she left. Here is Eve with the kitties.

Her and Isabel spent time crawling around together.
View attachment 2537948

Davis was so comfortable with her he would even lay belly up!
View attachment 2537952
View attachment 2537950

Here she is telling Davis Hi!

And feeding Davis cat snacks.

For all my Aussie friends, this is her new favorite TV show!
View attachment 2537951
Bob, she is so precious...:love

Top Bottom