Ribh's D'Coopage

Thanks Lozzy. It really was because I had the kiddies ~ 2 & 4 ~ & while they are heaps better behaved than they were they couldn't be left while I investigated a chook so it was basically have a quick look & shove her in a cage overnight. She seems ok but I'm wondering if she's lost her whole tongue...? 🤔 I can't see it but that doesn't mean much...
Her whole tongue! :eek: 👅

Thanks, MJ. I haven't taken my picture yet this morning. It's been a stressful start to the day ~ which began early. The lad wanted to be on a 6.45 boat with his kiddies so it was a mad rush to get them dressed & ready. Then about 10 minutes before we had to leave he found madam had absconded with his car keys. She's still pretty non verbal so it was a mad house hunt to find them & catch his boat ~ made all the harder because madam was whiney & clingy & wouldn't let her dad get on with it.
:hugs:hugs

I hope the day got better for you.

Her whole tongue! :eek: 👅
🙄 I know, @BY Bob...but I can't see it. 😲 I need to have a better look I think & see if I can see what's going on, only it's icky & Beatha isn't being co~operative [can't say I blame her] & I think we've all had enough trauma for the time being.

🙄 I know, @BY Bob...but I can't see it. 😲 I need to have a better look I think & see if I can see what's going on, only it's icky & Beatha isn't being co~operative [can't say I blame her] & I think we've all had enough trauma for the time being.
That would be incredible. What could take her whole tongue?

Is she drinking? If she can drink she likely has a tongue, and it will also help clean he mouth out a bit so you can see better.
The tongue is very vascular (at least it is in mammals) so a cut of the tongue would likely bleed a fair bit. Maybe she found something nasty and sharp and tried eating it?

Is she drinking? If she can drink she likely has a tongue, and it will also help clean he mouth out a bit so you can see better.
The tongue is very vascular (at least it is in mammals) so a cut of the tongue would likely bleed a fair bit. Maybe she found something nasty and sharp and tried eating it?
We have a native grass whose common name is *sword grass*. While the cuts are fine it can cut to the bone.

She was eating & drinking this morning ~ which is why she got let out. Thank you RC, I knew someone would understand the biology & put me straight. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom