Ribh's D'Coopage

Rooster not allowed. :( But I reckon you're right. That would do the trick. Unfortunately my lead hen is a tad unwell & starting to slow down & her underlings [another BR, a FavorelleX & a Campine] are either too timid or too scatterbrained to take on the Vorwerks. 🙄 Which is a pity as both Campines are plenty feisty enough.
Actually, I think Shadrach will agree with me, my understanding of rooster behavior is that they tend to let the ladies work out that stuff on their own. I don't believe they would actively interfere with the vorwerks fighting or bullying. Rather they would favor the bullied hens and make certain they got more than their fair share of food, attention, etc.

My problem girls. 🙄
The good news:
With the cage in use Sif had to roost with everyone else last night. When I went out to shut up I found she'd got 3/4 of the way there under her own steam & obviously had every intention of roosting with everyone else.

Even better I spotted her having a really good dust bath & she is hobbling round on the knuckles of her toes. Now if I can just straighten her feet out...​
View attachment 2975935
That really is great progress. What a tough lady.

It is Caturday in Oz!!
633E03BF-B2FB-473A-97D6-DC2BB6713391.jpeg

Looking forward to it.

So we have all been inadvertently admiring your feet Loz? 🤣
(Jeez, some people will do anything for a complement 😜)

...very nice feet by the way....
Aww, thanks! 😊 More the toes than anything else, they weren’t very well defined in the photo. It’s good to be able to see the angles the toenails sit at, rather than just guessing.

Back
Top Bottom