Ribh's D'Coopage

Thanks Bob, I love to share!

But first chook news.

The girls haven't layed in months. First there was moulting then Winter hit.
Hubby and I were away in Tasmania for a month and came home yesterday. Naturally one of the first things I did was go check the chickens. (Actually, they came to the door to get me)
Edwina had left me a present!
View attachment 3184625
Thank you Edwina!
She was so eggsited to have you back! 😉

One of the things that has kept me off BYC has been a gift I have been making for my great niece who has just turned 1 year old. I also entered it into the crafting competition at the Hawkesbury Agricultural Show this year. It won first place as well as Best Exhibit in Felting. I am very chuffed.

It is a Toddler's Busy Book but in scroll format based on the rhyme "There was a Crooked Man"

View attachment 3184634View attachment 3184636View attachment 3184637View attachment 3184638View attachment 3184639View attachment 3184640View attachment 3184641View attachment 3184642View attachment 3184644

The sixpence isn't actually attached to the scroll. I just put it there for illustrative purposes.
The little crooked man comes out of the house and can be walked through the scenes.
That is amazing. :clap :clap :clap

You are so creative! I love it. ❤️

Oh no ! I'm so sorry.
:hugs:hugs:hugs

My girls seem to be managing the wet weather so far so we have been lucky. :fl
We have just had major leaks in the roof and will have to get the builders in to fix it and replace the ceiling and carpet but no other damage as far as I know.
Ceiling and carpet is pretty major though. That will be disruptive. I hope there is no damage to your new kitchen.

Koffee Klatch Wednesday Wherever

Just now, the littles are out of quarantine and into their new home, The Cluckle Hut.

20220713_081255.jpg
20220713_081240.jpg
20220713_081836.jpg
20220713_081844.jpg

Glynda has been quite the explorer already. She was fascinated with my coffee cup, pecking it repeatedly and was the first one up on the roost!

Lady Featherington just had to join her.

Gucci is still favoring that left leg and I think that keeps her from roosting with them. I am still giving high dose B Vitamins. I am hoping that she will recover like @RoyalChick Bernadette.

I am also considering a dose or 2 of metacam considering that it might still be trauma related somehow. If I relieved the inflammation and pain it could get her moving more which would break the cycle. I still haven't made up my mind on that yet.

One of the things that has kept me off BYC has been a gift I have been making for my great niece who has just turned 1 year old. I also entered it into the crafting competition at the Hawkesbury Agricultural Show this year. It won first place as well as Best Exhibit in Felting. I am very chuffed.

It is a Toddler's Busy Book but in scroll format based on the rhyme "There was a Crooked Man"

View attachment 3184634View attachment 3184636View attachment 3184637View attachment 3184638View attachment 3184639View attachment 3184640View attachment 3184641View attachment 3184642View attachment 3184644

The sixpence isn't actually attached to the scroll. I just put it there for illustrative purposes.
The little crooked man comes out of the house and can be walked through the scenes.
Welcome back. That was so creative.

I'm back from holidays and finished the main project I was doing in time for the Hawkesbury show (I got first place and it wasn't even finished!)
Whoo Hoo!!!!!

Fabulous, absolutely wonderful. I'm sure it will be treasured.

@BY Bob and @RoyalChick have new babies, as does @RebeccaBoyd I believe.
And @LozzyR posted her latest amazing drawing!

Gosh it is so wonderful to see you back! I hope your holiday was everything you wanted. :hugs
Thanks Bob.

As to the holiday...it was good up to a point. Got to see some beautiful forests, a stunning cave, historical sites, museums and antique stores but hubby came down with Covid in the second week so we had to isolate for 7 days. He was pretty miserable but not too seriously affected (he has had his 3 vaccinations) and was well by the end of his quarantine.
Luckily I didn't catch it so our plans for coming home didn't need to change.

Here's the view from the backyard of one of the places we stayed.
PXL_20220702_014355323.jpg

Koffee Klatch Wednesday Wherever

Just now, the littles are out of quarantine and into their new home, The Cluckle Hut.

View attachment 3184654View attachment 3184655View attachment 3184656View attachment 3184657

Glynda has been quite the explorer already. She was fascinated with my coffee cup, pecking it repeatedly and was the first one up on the roost!

Lady Featherington just had to join her.

Gucci is still favoring that left leg and I think that keeps her from roosting with them. I am still giving high dose B Vitamins. I am hoping that she will recover like @RoyalChick Bernadette.

I am also considering a dose or 2 of metacam considering that it might still be trauma related somehow. If I relieved the inflammation and pain it could get her moving more which would break the cycle. I still haven't made up my mind on that yet.
They are adorable BY bob, and still have that darling baby cheep! Congratulations.
:love:love:love

Back
Top Bottom