Ribh's D'Coopage

Oh, Lozzy! I'm sorry.:hugsI'm not allowed them but these little fellas were absolutely gorgeous! Good thing I'm @ my chicken limit. 🤣
We’re not allowed them either. I’ve been looking to rehome them but no joy. My in-laws reckon we should just wait until someone complains. In the meantime, they sleep in the garage to muffle any early-morning crowing.

We’re not allowed them either. I’ve been looking to rehome them but no joy. My in-laws reckon we should just wait until someone complains. In the meantime, they sleep in the garage to muffle any early-morning crowing.
That's a bit of a lottery draw, I'm afraid. I arrived here with 20 chickens ~ well over the allowed limit ~ & no~one has ever complained. I did have one neighbour ask if I had a rooster but it was one of his hens crowing! 🤣 No noise or smell complaints but the neighbours have had complaints about their poor lone chicken & their very well behaved dog, which I just find weird. I think someone has got muddled about their complaint. I have been very blessed. I have the landlord on one side & my fencehoppers like her yard, which so could have been a problem, but the girls cleaned up all the bugs eating her veggies & she has become rather enamoured of them. I hope you are lucky & can keep your boys. They are such pretty chaps!

My chickens molted on the early side this year in California. Then when we had nine back-to-back storms, a few dropped some “stress” feathers.

In other news, someone laid the first egg of the season. (Sorry for those if you who already saw this on Bob’s thread.)
View attachment 3392241
Love that nail polish.

Love that nail polish.
Thanks, Bob. I’ve gotten onto these nail wraps (stickers). I’m terrible at applying them, but at a glance you can’t tell. 😆
E7BF7A60-9A88-4F3C-AEE0-2F2673899051.jpeg

You mean they peel off?!
I didn’t know such a thing existed.
Very stylish.
Yep. I don’t have time to go get a manicure and I’m really hard on my hands in the garden and with chickens. For years and years, I almost never had polish on. I’d get the occasional gel manicure, but that destroys my natural nails that are naturally quite strong. This might just be a phase, but I’m having fun with it. It’s like a mini, creative spa treatment at home.

Tax (Lucky, who sadly is a bit unwell… I’ve drained her ascites twice, it’s coming back, and her breast muscle is wasting away. She’d be six at the end of March. I love her so much, but might have to let her go soon.)
22A47F1D-B522-4686-A338-658C53D97AAE.jpeg

Yep. I don’t have time to go get a manicure and I’m really hard on my hands in the garden and with chickens. For years and years, I almost never had polish on. I’d get the occasional gel manicure, but that destroys my natural nails that are naturally quite strong. This might just be a phase, but I’m having fun with it. It’s like a mini, creative spa treatment at home.

Tax (Lucky, who sadly is a bit unwell… I’ve drained her ascites twice, it’s coming back, and her breast muscle is wasting away. She’d be six at the end of March. I love her so much, but might have to let her go soon.)
View attachment 3393147
So sorry to hear about Lucky.

Back
Top Bottom