Ribh's D'Coopage

Oh, Lozzy! I'm sorry.:hugsI'm not allowed them but these little fellas were absolutely gorgeous! Good thing I'm @ my chicken limit. šŸ¤£
Weā€™re not allowed them either. Iā€™ve been looking to rehome them but no joy. My in-laws reckon we should just wait until someone complains. In the meantime, they sleep in the garage to muffle any early-morning crowing.

Weā€™re not allowed them either. Iā€™ve been looking to rehome them but no joy. My in-laws reckon we should just wait until someone complains. In the meantime, they sleep in the garage to muffle any early-morning crowing.
That's a bit of a lottery draw, I'm afraid. I arrived here with 20 chickens ~ well over the allowed limit ~ & no~one has ever complained. I did have one neighbour ask if I had a rooster but it was one of his hens crowing! šŸ¤£ No noise or smell complaints but the neighbours have had complaints about their poor lone chicken & their very well behaved dog, which I just find weird. I think someone has got muddled about their complaint. I have been very blessed. I have the landlord on one side & my fencehoppers like her yard, which so could have been a problem, but the girls cleaned up all the bugs eating her veggies & she has become rather enamoured of them. I hope you are lucky & can keep your boys. They are such pretty chaps!

My chickens molted on the early side this year in California. Then when we had nine back-to-back storms, a few dropped some ā€œstressā€ feathers.

In other news, someone laid the first egg of the season. (Sorry for those if you who already saw this on Bobā€™s thread.)
View attachment 3392241
Love that nail polish.

Love that nail polish.
Thanks, Bob. Iā€™ve gotten onto these nail wraps (stickers). Iā€™m terrible at applying them, but at a glance you canā€™t tell. šŸ˜†
E7BF7A60-9A88-4F3C-AEE0-2F2673899051.jpeg

You mean they peel off?!
I didnā€™t know such a thing existed.
Very stylish.
Yep. I donā€™t have time to go get a manicure and Iā€™m really hard on my hands in the garden and with chickens. For years and years, I almost never had polish on. Iā€™d get the occasional gel manicure, but that destroys my natural nails that are naturally quite strong. This might just be a phase, but Iā€™m having fun with it. Itā€™s like a mini, creative spa treatment at home.

Tax (Lucky, who sadly is a bit unwellā€¦ Iā€™ve drained her ascites twice, itā€™s coming back, and her breast muscle is wasting away. Sheā€™d be six at the end of March. I love her so much, but might have to let her go soon.)
22A47F1D-B522-4686-A338-658C53D97AAE.jpeg

Yep. I donā€™t have time to go get a manicure and Iā€™m really hard on my hands in the garden and with chickens. For years and years, I almost never had polish on. Iā€™d get the occasional gel manicure, but that destroys my natural nails that are naturally quite strong. This might just be a phase, but Iā€™m having fun with it. Itā€™s like a mini, creative spa treatment at home.

Tax (Lucky, who sadly is a bit unwellā€¦ Iā€™ve drained her ascites twice, itā€™s coming back, and her breast muscle is wasting away. Sheā€™d be six at the end of March. I love her so much, but might have to let her go soon.)
View attachment 3393147
So sorry to hear about Lucky.

Back
Top Bottom