Ribh's D'Coopage

Miserable enough for a small treat to be appreciated.​

20191012_073020.jpg
Lottie is not happy.
She's a sunshine girl.​
20191012_073038.jpg

How's your day going? My day is pretty much in the toilet, but so happy it's over.

Well I can type an essay on my day and so I will share my misery. It all started Tuesday. I had rented a house on the outer banks of North Carolina, a small set of barrier islands on the Atlantic Ocean. I get it very year for the family and we all join together to try and hang onto summer for 1 more week.

I was informed that i must be a corporate on Wednesday for a big meeting and so Tuesday night i drove 2.5 hours to the nearest airport and flew to corporate 6:00 am Wednesday morning. (I was not needed in any way shape or form for the meeting but it made my boss happy).

I had a flight to bring me back to the airport at 5:00 pm on Thursday so I could be home home for dinner Thursday night. American Airlines could not get me to the “local” airport until Midnight Thursday night/Friday morning. In fact i completed the Egg Song article yesterday while waiting 12 hours for American to fly me 2 hours in the air. Facing a 2.5 hour drive i got a hotel room and planned to get up early and head to the beach house.

Up at 6:30 and on the road I got 2 hours of trip behind me when the road was blocked by police cars. These barrier islands are connected by a single road and series of bridges. The tide along with winds off the Atlantic had forced the ocean through the sand dunes and onto the road forcing them to close it. High tide was scheduled for ~9:00 am so I figured that by 1:00 the tide would be down and i would be able to get to the house and join my family. The rental was up Sunday and I wanted to at least hang with everyone on Saturday.

I turned around and pulled into a National Park, Bodie Lighthouse. They had bathrooms and I had water bottles in the car. I sat down to wait it out. Here is my car at the Lighthouse. Later in the day i would start posing it out of boredom.
20191011_170921.jpg

At 1:00 pm the road was not open and online the NC DOT was saying 6:00 pm for an opening. Knowing that the tide would be rising again by then I was concerned and my instincts told me to bail on it and simply turn around and drive the 7 hours home.

My family convinced me to wait it out. At 6:00 pm the road did not open, instead the NC DOT is now saying noon on Saturday for an opening. I am now headed home. I should get home around 1:00 am. Family vacation completely ruined by my boss.

A least I know the girls will be glad to see me. I did find a good restaurant to eat at called Roosters as well.
20191011_181548.jpg

Back
Top Bottom