Ribh's D'Coopage

I had Fat Bird round today. She decided she would just see how it felt sitting on a few eggs. I don't think she is getting ready to lay one but I could be wrong. She laid a few last year just to prove a point.
She was okay for a few minutes. I was sitting at the computer beside the nest box. I heard the crack as she did that getting settled wiggle. Two broken eggs.:(
I just feel for her. She doesn't mean to break them. She just does.:confused:
Luckily I was there and got her out before she got egg all over her belly.
I've caught Lilly hogging a nesting box a couple times the last 2 weeks. No egg. Just sitting there for an hour or so on other people's eggs. Luckily she doesn't break any. I'm not sure why she does it and some times it causes a traffic jam.

Have you seen a more miserable chook?
Lottie really isn't herself.

Under all those top feathers she is pretty naked.

View attachment 2073503
And then Alpia decided to hone in on me!

She wasn't allowed to stay long. I snapped this just as Lottie decided enough was enough. :lol:
View attachment 2073504

Is it just the moult? It’s not something else as well?

I've caught Lilly hogging a nesting box a couple times the last 2 weeks. No egg. Just sitting there for an hour or so on other people's eggs. Luckily she doesn't break any. I'm not sure why she does it and some times it causes a traffic jam.

Charlie will sometimes sit for an hour and there’s no egg. She’s not broody so I’m not sure why she’s doing that.

Back
Top Bottom