Ribh's D'Coopage

I had basal cell cancer at the tip of my nose. The dermatologist did a biopsy and then I had mohs surgery. They remove a layer at a time and check all margins for other growth. When all the margins are clear. Then they stitch up, He had to graft some skin from near one eye to fill in the depression on the nose. Not a great job but, better than nothing.

I had been showing the family doctor the red depression at the tip of my nose and he kept ignoring it. When I realized I had it for a year, asked a different doctor to observe it. He sent me for the biopsy and resultant surgery. If the family doctor had done so a year earlier, I might not have need to have the mohs surgery. :rant :mad:

The same dermatologist had said I have some pre cancerous changes under a different eye. Because he said Medicare would not pay for pre cancerous conditions he wouldn't do anything. :th

I had basal cell cancer at the tip of my nose. The dermatologist did a biopsy and then I had mohs surgery. They remove a layer at a time and check all margins for other growth. When all the margins are clear. Then they stitch up, He had to graft some skin from near one eye to fill in the depression on the nose. Not a great job but, better than nothing.

I had been showing the family doctor the red depression at the tip of my nose and he kept ignoring it. When I realized I had it for a year, asked a different doctor to observe it. He sent me for the biopsy and resultant surgery. If the family doctor had done so a year earlier, I might not have need to have the mohs surgery. :rant :mad:

The same dermatologist had said I have some pre cancerous changes under a different eye. Because he said Medicare would not pay for pre cancerous conditions he wouldn't do anything. :th
Luckily we have a good health care system & after checking me the first time, where we did months & months of cutting pre cancerous cells out, my doctor insists I get checked regularly. I am very fair [Scottish ancestry does not help in this climate] . My doctor is very good & does a couple @ a time @ his surgery under local anesthetic. He also waits patiently while I hyperventilate. I have threatened to make him sing as a distraction... :lau He's Sri Lankan & mostly does karaoke so that should be something.

My little Lottie ~
one of my regular escape artists.​
20200124_151119 (3).jpg

My doctor noticed when I came in I was wearing a tee shirt that featured a famous Hawaiian singer, the late IZ. So every time I saw him he had my favorite song play. He sure knew how to calm me down.

Unfortunately last time I saw him (for skin check) he said he was ONLY doing surgery now. I think he wasn't thrilled with that Medicare paid him. Most of his patients seemed to be seniors

@Shadrach : I am so pleased to see Hinge doing so well & recovering nicely. Also that the chicks are now cooping. One thing less to worry about. :hugs
I get a bit stressed while mums teach their chicks to follow them into the coop in the evenings. I have two critical hours a day, opening up and feeding and feeding and shutting them in in the evening. It's at these two points in the day that I see all the chickens. Some days I don't them all even when I've gone looking between these times. Any major fuss in the evening and tribes 1 and 3 head for the trees.:rant:D

I have been reading everybody's threads today but not commenting...actually not even sure I've liked as I normally would. My doctor has been cutting skin cancers out of my face again & between a morbid fear & hate of any sort of needle & the massive headache the whole procedure has produced I'm not feeling quite my usual chipper self. Normal broadcasting should resume tomorrow. :)
That sound horrible Ribh.:hugs

I believe some of it is determined by personality, much like with humans.
I think the overall health of the chicken also plays a part.
Sometimes the subsequent events after the injury or attack can stress the chicken even further. You can imagine a chicken that has just been subjected to a natural trauma does not react well if it is immediately grabbed by yet another predator (human) prodded and poked about and then forced to undergo various 'treatments'.

Yes , that makes sense. You did "poke and prod" when you gave her first aid Shad, but I suppose the difference is that she is very used to you and she got to stay with her tribe.
Hmmmm, it bears thinking about. 🤔

I have been reading everybody's threads today but not commenting...actually not even sure I've liked as I normally would. My doctor has been cutting skin cancers out of my face again & between a morbid fear & hate of any sort of needle & the massive headache the whole procedure has produced I'm not feeling quite my usual chipper self. Normal broadcasting should resume tomorrow. :)

That sounds emotionally and physically exhausting. Take it easy for a while Ribh and get lots of time communing with your girls. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom