Ribh's D'Coopage

Well, that was one of the better vet experiences I've had. Not an avian vet ~ but she keeps chickens, speckled sussex & some RIR to be exact, so understood where I was coming from . As a confidence booster I was told both birds looked beautifully cared for & very healthy. Suyin may need a blood test @ some point. She drinks huge amounts of water & a little more weight would not be a bad thing but coming out of a moult...yadda, yadda. Basically keep an eye on Alpia & if she shows other symptoms...back we go!
20200523_171020 (2).jpg

It was actually rather funny.

I got the usual questions but my answers were not quite what the vet was expecting. How many birds? ... 14. Her jaw dropped. What breeds? Frizzle ~ she knew that & loves them. I told her my Barred Rocks were still laying through their moult & her jaw dropped a little further. Then I told her about my screaming Harridans, my Silver Campines doing circuits of the hill screeching & Her eyes grew big. :lau Plus I have blue egg layers. I'm sure she now thinks I'm quite mad. So not necessarily super knowledgeable about breeds but as she keeps chooks herself understands them better than she might otherwise & certainly gets why I am so fond of my birds.

I am relieved & confident I can work with this vet ~ & knowing that super skinny birds aren't abnormal is a good thing because Morrigu is also pretty skinny. Feeling so much better ~ & very reasonably priced!​

Well, that was one of the better vet experiences I've had. Not an avian vet ~ but she keeps chickens, speckled sussex & some RIR to be exact, so understood where I was coming from . As a confidence booster I was told both birds looked beautifully cared for & very healthy. Suyin may need a blood test @ some point. She drinks huge amounts of water & a little more weight would not be a bad thing but coming out of a moult...yadda, yadda. Basically keep an eye on Alpia & if she shows other symptoms...back we go!
View attachment 2163667

I got the usual questions but my answers were not quite what the vet was expecting. How many birds? ... 14. Her jaw dropped. What breeds? Frizzle ~ she knew that & loves them. I told her my Barred Rocks were still laying through their moult & her jaw dropped a little further. Then I told her about my screaming Harridans, my Silver Campines doing circuits of the hill screeching & Her eyes grew big. :lau Plus I have blue egg layers. I'm sure she now thinks I'm quite mad. So not necessarily super knowledgeable about breeds but as she keeps chooks herself understands them better than she might otherwise & certainly gets why I am so fond of my birds.

I am relieved & confident I can work with this vet ~ & knowing that super skinny birds aren't abnormal is a good thing because Morrigu is also pretty skinny. Feeling so much better ~ & very reasonably priced!​
Oh I'm so happy for you!!

View attachment 2163667

I am so glad everyone is ok and I am especially glad that you are feeling better. I've been quite worried for you. :hugs :hugs

Oh I'm so happy for you!!
Thanks, MJ. I've lost too many birds over the last 3 years & every one hurts. I know it's part of keeping chickens but I get terribly attached & letting go is hard. Knowing these 2 are fine is a huge relief.

I am so glad everyone is ok and I am especially glad that you are feeling better. I've been quite worried for you. :hugs :hugs
Thanks, Bob. The Man keeps me pretty grounded usually but I can lose it with the best of them if I get really freaked out. :lau

Thanks, MJ. I've lost too many birds over the last 3 years & every one hurts. I know it's part of keeping chickens but I get terribly attached & letting go is hard. Knowing these 2 are fine is a huge relief.
For me, the expense is worth the peace of mind if nothing's wrong and on the other hand, the certainty of a diagnosis and treatment regimen.

Back
Top Bottom