Ribh's D'Coopage

Thanks. I think she's doing better today. She's stable and the numbers are good, but she's sleeping constantly. The docs tell me this is normal after this type of event. They have put in a drain to relieve pressure.
I came to visit Ribh's thread for the first time and saw this. I hope Sue recuperates as well as my mom who has been living with a drain to relieve brain pressure for years now.

I knew I wouldn't like it.

Its similar to a problem we have here. We have an overpopulation of deer. Every year there are fewer hunters. In order to try and control the population they let each individual hunter kill more deer each year it seems. The problem now is you can't eat that much deer meat in a year. So the hunters started donating it to food banks. The food banks loved it. So therefore the government put a stop to it. Safety reasons again.

I am very unhappy to hear that - I had assumed as I got more chickens I would end up with too many eggs and would give them to the Food Bank. I need to investigate if that insanity is true here too. I also donate to a Homeless Shelter and will ask them too.

Thanks. I think she's doing better today. She's stable and the numbers are good, but she's sleeping constantly. The docs tell me this is normal after this type of event. They have put in a drain to relieve pressure.
So glad to hear that. Big hugs from everyone at the Chicken Palace.

I am very unhappy to hear that - I had assumed as I got more chickens I would end up with too many eggs and would give them to the Food Bank. I need to investigate if that insanity is true here too. I also donate to a Homeless Shelter and will ask them too.
I know my local food shelf takes garden grown vegetable donations so it never occurred to me that there might be an issue with eggs. I will have to look into this too.

Back
Top Bottom