Ribh's D'Coopage

Adventures of the Escapee.
That Aoife was out of the run will not be news to anybody here. Yesterday she decided that squatting for me was so Millenial & a couple of circuits round the run with me in pursuit was the way to go! So off we went, Aoife @ a gentle trot, me rather more slowly & carefully. The fishing rod was propping open the coop door so I was on my own 2 trotters.

There are a number of obstacles on this crazy circuit, mostly tree roots & a nasty native vine with prickles, whos days are numbered once I find the secateurs, but as we come round the corner nearest the house there are about 4 sleepers lined up next to the run ready for the next stage of the extension & all my escapees like to squeeze between the sleepers & the wire where it is hardest for me to nab them. So Aoife happily scooted into the space, secure in the knowledge that I was much to old & slow to nab her before she was ready to be nabbed ~ only she had miscalculated badly! Sitting in all his mottled & white majestic glory @ the other end of her escape route was Marlow! I've never seen a chicken so flabbergasted! She didn't know whether to run the gauntlet & chance Marlow or backtrack hastily into my waiting hands. She chose my hands ~ & we had a nice little cuddle while she told me it was terribly unfair & a mean dirty trick to wrangle in outsiders like that! :gig :lau:lau:gig

Ten minutes later she tried again. Round we went & ~ Bang into Marlow again! Aoife was not impressed! We got all the squwaks & protests!

At least it was Marlow. He just looked @ her like she was the imp from Hades that she undoubtedly is & asked me what I thought I was doing cuddling that crazy bird when he was available? Kirby had had a kill that morning & it always rouses his blood instincts so he is never fully trusted around the chickens but Marlow is pretty mellow. ;)

The girls happily @ it. They are getting very restricted run time just now, thanks to all my chronic escapees. They have got too cocky for their own good.
20200705_071101.jpg

I arrived @ the mailbox on Friday with Aoife in my arms & our mail lady, who keeps chickens herself & whos flock free ranges & lays in eveyrbodys yard but hers, took one look, rolled her eyes & said: Escapee? Yep. At which point she confessed they had just built their girls a brand new coop & yep, everybody's :lau already found their way out!!!

20200611_095936 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom