Ribh's D'Coopage

IMG20200914080221.jpg
IMG20200914080221.jpg

Ranunculus by the henhouse :) so orange!

Thank you evey one for the kind words. His mom died at 7:30 this morning. In 5 more days it will be 6 months since his dad died. He's finally sleeping and I'm doing chicken therapy.

View attachment 2331642
This is Ellie, from the school hatch, she's getting ready to lay any day now.

View attachment 2331643
Ned and Lucky are doing great! He's starting to get a little 'tude like his daddy!

View attachment 2331644
Of course Daddy is teaching him well!! I think Stanley might be growing tail feathers!!
Ellie's real name is Bob. Just saying. Of course "Bob is about to start laying" does sound a bit odd.

As I said yesterday. Please let me know if you or Rich need anything. :hugs :hugs :hugs

No. I couldn't imagine how the essay bits would work on screen. It really is two books in one. The novel with the families and treatise on war interspersed throughout. It's quite a literary achievement and it puts the reader through inner wars and inner peaces, inviting transformation through learning and rest, learning and rest. It's a challenging read. No surprise folks can't get to the end. I really should try again, now I'm 20 years older I may have the fortitude to get through that very last section and I'm sure to see more in it.

Have you read Joyce's Ulysses? I find stream of consciousness hard going too, but not as frustrating as war and peace.
My assumption for the film is that they stuck to the family stories and ignored everything else.

I have not read Ulysses but I was talking to Mrs BY Bob the other day about it. I have a feeling that I will have time coming up to take on a project like that.

Back
Top Bottom