Ribh's D'Coopage

That is so true and so sad! I learned to crochet from my grandmother & mom! Then I learned how to knit from my sister in law! I go through spells, where I do a lot of needle crafting to not so much...I have a short attention span...:gig
Yes, I learned from a friend @ school but I have major trouble following a pattern so I was never really good until you tube came along. Now if the instructor is good I can *see* exactly what I should be doing & replay as often as I need to get something right. I had all my basics so it is now a matter of experimenting with new things. The man wants me to put a few things up in his store. I may, just because there's only so much I need myself. :lau

Yes, I learned from a friend @ school but I have major trouble following a pattern so I was never really good until you tube came along. Now if the instructor is good I can *see* exactly what I should be doing & replay as often as I need to get something right. I had all my basics so it is now a matter of experimenting with new things. The man wants me to put a few things up in his store. I may, just because there's only so much I need myself. :lau
My grandmother never used a pattern, so that's how I learned! I can read patterns now, but I agree...you tube is a great way to learn! You should sell some, what you just shared is so beautiful, I'm sure it would get snatched up!!! 💞

That is so true and so sad! I learned to crochet from my grandmother & mom! Then I learned how to knit from my sister in law! I go through spells, where I do a lot of needle crafting to not so much...I have a short attention span...:gig
I learned to crochet from my mother but I haven’t done so in years. I remember finding it soothing unlike knitting which always stresses me out for some reason. 🤣🤣

The girls out & about today.
20200919_132706.jpg

I learned to crochet from my mother but I haven’t done so in years. I remember finding it soothing unlike knitting which always stresses me out for some reason. 🤣🤣
I can't knit, which I find frustrating, & while I learnt sewing basics from my mother she & I operate so differently I loathed the entire process. I did try to teach my girls but youngest has dysgraphia & is double jointed everywhere to boot & the other is a kinesthetic learner. I had to let her rip & of course the whole thing became untenable; she chose a waaay too difficult pattern & wouldn't be dissuaded, became frustrated & all the pieces now reside in my sewing basket. The material is lovely & there's a lot of it so I am loathe to just throw it all away. If I return to quilting, as I may if my library ever happens, I'll cut it all up for that.

None of my Campines are easy.
All of them like to hop the fence.
Aoife is chronic. She just loves to forage in the scrub.

3d5b8942-6824-4a43-9a5e-b663daabbab5.jpg

Morrigu however usually stays in the run but today she kept hopping the fence & running round like a demented harpie screaming her head off. This is not good news. When Ha'penny does this she's looking to lay outside the run so I rounded Morrigu up & locked her in the coop ~ where she went round & round screaming, screaming, screaming. She made a nest under the stairs but did not lay. She banged against the wire & screamed some more. Eventually there was silence except for some banging in the nesting boxes. Whew! She's laid & has calmed down!​

Last edited:
I had severe tendonitis one year. I was lifting 10 lb. free weights and getting very sloppy with my form. Never had that before. I could not lift an empty paper cup. No kidding. But I bought a wrap around elbow brace at Walmart. Bingo, from the time I put it on I could do everything again and no pain. I've kept the brace for years now - just in case I need it again.

I had severe tendonitis one year. I was lifting 10 lb. free weights and getting very sloppy with my form. Never had that before. I could not lift an empty paper cup. No kidding. But I bought a wrap around elbow brace at Walmart. Bingo, from the time I put it on I could do everything again and no pain. I've kept the brace for years now - just in case I need it again.
I tried a brace, but it didn't help that quickly! I wonder if it's the same type you have. I'm glad that it worked so well for you! I was also doing weights, but I'd been having problems with it for a while & I stupidly pushed through the discomfort & stressed it more!

None of my Campines are easy.
All of them like to hop the fence.
Aoife is chronic. She just loves to forage in the scrub.

View attachment 2339708

Morrigu however usually stays in the run but today she kept hopping the fence & running round like a demented harpie screaming her head off. This is not good news. When Ha'penny does this she's looking to lay outside the run so I rounded Morrigu up & locked her in the coop ~ where she went round & round screaming, screaming, screaming. She made a nest under the stairs but did not lay. She banged against the wire & screamed some more. Eventually there was silence except for some banging in the nesting boxes. Whew! She's laid & has calmed down!​
You really need to get a video of your girls in action! They are so beautiful, that I'm having a hard time imagining them running around & screaming...lol

Back
Top Bottom