Ribh's D'Coopage

We are probably in agreement despite the fact I did my degree in language, albeit written language. It's about effective communication whether you want to convey information or emotion. I have a similar problem with music. :lol:
Ah yes, the emotional content. I think my sensors for receiving that got damaged early in life. Probably due to listening to my sister.:oops::lau

Ah yes, the emotional content. I think my sensors for receiving that got damaged early in life. Probably due to listening to my sister.:oops::lau
There is a way to par language & music down so that the beauty of the bare bones shines through. Most of us are lazy so our language & music is either noisy or ugly, rarely both elegant & simple.

You know my sister then.:eek::lau:lau:lau
I know you've probably gone to bed by now but out of curiosity, is your sister an extrovert? I find Introverts & extroverts tend to use language very differently, partly because silence doesn't upset introverts. My brother was a raving extrovert & any sort of silence was not in his vocabulary.

Patricia has odd markings but Soda has lost a few feathers thanks to Lavender. 🙄 Not sure what sets that girl off but every so often she goes on a feather plucking spree. She doesn't even always eat the feather. :(

Charlie is one for yanking feathers out of the Faverolles. She’s a real bully! :eek:

Here's a picture of two chemo hats I made last fall for a friend battling breast cancer! I made these using the magic loop method! I can't find the individual close up pictures! I also knit the pink breast cancer awareness ribbon that's on the bag!
Edit: Here is a shot I found of the detail on the green hat! Also a hat I made for my SIL, made one for my Daughter too, but it was solid black!

Forgive me for hijacking your thread Jehane to share knitting projects!!!

View attachment 2340464
View attachment 2340479
View attachment 2340481
Wow. Those are really good. Nicely done. :clap :clap

I know you've probably gone to bed by now but out of curiosity, is your sister an extrovert? I find Introverts & extroverts tend to use language very differently, partly because silence doesn't upset introverts. My brother was a raving extrovert & any sort of silence was not in his vocabulary.
If I knew what an extrovert, or introvert are I might be able to answer. People in my experience are not one or the other, and psychologists it seems tend to agree.

I prefer to group people if I must into those who take a subjective view of the world and those who are more objective. My younger sister is faith based. I don't mean faith as in a follower of dogma, I mean if she views the world in a particular way and she has great difficulty in understanding that others may not see the world the same way as she does. There is a difference to be noted here in people who don't agree with a view and people who do not have the capacity to believe that there is any other view but theirs.

With my younger sister, this is compounded by mental health issues, creeping alcoholism and what gets described these days as a lack of self esteem.
I'm not quite sure of exactly what this means either.
So, if you met her, she would seem to be very outgoing and outwardly friendly and might easily be mistaken as a confident, extrovert type. It is in fact a compensation mechanism. The extrovert bit is attention seeking. She sort of fades away if there is no input from the outside world. She doesn't have the mental stability or inner confidence to be/feel alone.
I'm much more evidence based in my world view and silence doesn't bother me.
It's not that I don't like to talk, as you can probably tell from my posts.:p But, I'm not as input driven as my sister. I can construct a space in my head and live there quite contentedly. Being able to do things other than talk makes a lot of difference I think. My sister has no creative outlets and is mostly destructive.

If I knew what an extrovert, or introvert are I might be able to answer. People in my experience are not one or the other, and psychologists it seems tend to agree.

I prefer to group people if I must into those who take a subjective view of the world and those who are more objective. My younger sister is faith based. I don't mean faith as in a follower of dogma, I mean if she views the world in a particular way and she has great difficulty in understanding that others may not see the world the same way as she does. There is a difference to be noted here in people who don't agree with a view and people who do not have the capacity to believe that there is any other view but theirs.

With my younger sister, this is compounded by mental health issues, creeping alcoholism and what gets described these days as a lack of self esteem.
I'm not quite sure of exactly what this means either.
So, if you met her, she would seem to be very outgoing and outwardly friendly and might easily be mistaken as a confident, extrovert type. It is in fact a compensation mechanism. The extrovert bit is attention seeking. She sort of fades away if there is no input from the outside world. She doesn't have the mental stability or inner confidence to be/feel alone.
I'm much more evidence based in my world view and silence doesn't bother me.
It's not that I don't like to talk, as you can probably tell from my posts.:p But, I'm not as input driven as my sister. I can construct a space in my head and live there quite contentedly. Being able to do things other than talk makes a lot of difference I think. My sister has no creative outlets and is mostly destructive.
That explains it nicely. I have an infinite capacity to live inside my own head. :lol:

The best explanation of introversion/extroversion is not behaviour based; it is where you get your energy. Extroverts rely on an outside source; introverts rely on alone space ~ so though I can, on occasion ,talk down the moon, I get my energy from being alone ~a lot. My brother, who got his energy from being with other people, was always invading my space & drove me crazy because it was exhausting for me.

My youngest son has married into a very extroverted family & they are driving him crazy. :lau They have no creative pursuits so are always arriving unexpectedly & uninvited & gate crashing his alone time. He finds it maddening & it makes him crotchety.

It can make us seem cold & uncaring, not usually true.

I'm afraid I'm with the Hamlets of this world: There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. The world [not people] is a most wonderous thing & full of marvels. :)

Back
Top Bottom