Ribh's D'Coopage

Somewhere we were talking about spurs etc on hens.
Not that I think anyone has forgotten, but this is Lock. Lock is one of the hens that has lived here that doesn't lay eggs.
There's more though. Her comb is basically a smaller version of Mag's, he's a rooster and she's got the rooster haircut. She doesn't have spurs as such although she did have growths on both legs were spurs would be. While I've never seen her try to mate with any of the hens.
She does pecks the hens but not in an aggressive manner; it's more playful, particularly with Bracket who Lock always catches by surprise.
Lock has been moulting and is just finishing off her new primaries and tail feathers.

View attachment 2352033View attachment 2352035
I think she is special. I just like the way she looks. She is a real cutie.

Yes, I will be pleased when the fencing is fixed again. They are getting brave & going further when they get out. I will be unhappy if they find the veggies. :( The biggest worry is roaming dogs so for their own safety they really do need to be contained. We are getting there. It has just taken longer than expected.
It will be a sad day when breakouts are over.

Roll Call at Ribh's once the fence is done.
Screenshot_20200928-215812_YouTube.jpg

It seems like my rooster, is hanging on to life on my account. (Maybe he knows how bad I'm going to feel, if he passes away) He's trying so hard to crow, but can't. He's breathing is rough, and he sneezes in order to breathe better. There are no avian vets anywhere near me, or he would have been seen already! It's been a long night, and will be an even longer day for me.
Thanks for reading this my friends.:hugs

So sorry Alex. :hugs :hugs

Then there are the big pit bull mixes that appear out of nowhere & I have no idea who owns them. They are really concerning & I loathe them.
We had one that was constantly getting loose in the neighborhood. It killed my friend's terrier with one snap of its jaws. It got loose right after that and one of my neighbors shot it with a 22 pistol as it attacked him. I seriously dislike those dogs.

We had one that was constantly getting loose in the neighborhood. It killed my friend's terrier with one snap of its jaws. It got loose right after that and one of my neighbors shot it with a 22 pistol as it attacked him. I seriously dislike those dogs.
I would be happy to see them banned. :( The wrong people too often own them thinking it makes them look big & tough & the poor dog has no hope.

Back
Top Bottom