Ribh's D'Coopage

@CrazyChookChookLady : I think I have given you a bum steer.

I suspect you mean the blue faced honey eaters. They're screamers too. We actually don't have seagulls around the islands. We see them @ the mainland jetty but never here.

With that screaming how could anyone be upset over your Campines? :confused:

@CrazyChookChookLady : I think I have given you a bum steer.

I suspect you mean the blue faced honey eaters. They're screamers too. We actually don't have seagulls around the islands. We see them @ the mainland jetty but never here.

Ah!! I was hoping for a cool Australian bird!!

Not that the Campines aren't cool, mind you.😊

All my moulters forage more than usual. I haven't figured out what they eat. It looks like dirt to me. :(
This lot eat a particular tiny bug found mostly in the sheep field, something that grows around the roots of the cherry trees, grass, but not the couch grass, dirt/grit, fruit, figs and Persimmons and some bug they find in the veg garden.:confused:
This year they are all eating the commercial feed which wasn't the case for Fudge last year of Nolia in her first moult. Moon is having her first moult and she follows Fudge. It would seem that the hens that have moulted before show the first timers the ropes.

Great videos of the Campines @Ribh. Very similar to the younger Tribe 1 and Tribe 3 hens here. Knock you have to watch when she starts pecking. There is nothing gentle about it! In general the bantam hens are a more laid back when I take them of a nest. Bracket in particular just sits in my hand muttering.:love

Great videos of the Campines @Ribh. Very similar to the younger Tribe 1 and Tribe 3 hens here. Knock you have to watch when she starts pecking. There is nothing gentle about it! In general the bantam hens are a more laid back when I take them of a nest. Bracket in particular just sits in my hand muttering.:love
And now you know why I say my Wyandottes & Campines get along so well. :) The videos are of my Wyandotte bantams who are making a career of going broody. Which could explain why they are so like your tribes. Thankfully they aren't anywhere near as skittish as the Campines. Any time I've had a Campine go broody it's been outside of the coop & I've crashed round my yard for ages looking for them.

This lot eat a particular tiny bug found mostly in the sheep field, something that grows around the roots of the cherry trees, grass, but not the couch grass, dirt/grit, fruit, figs and Persimmons and some bug they find in the veg garden.:confused:
This year they are all eating the commercial feed which wasn't the case for Fudge last year of Nolia in her first moult. Moon is having her first moult and she follows Fudge. It would seem that the hens that have moulted before show the first timers the ropes.

Most of my moulters eat their regular feed. Lavender [my feather duster] likes to add feathers to her diet so I have 1 or 2 of the girls missing tail feathers just now.

Back
Top Bottom