Ribh's D'Coopage

They sound so exotic!!
What they are is crazy. They run round like madwomen screaming blue murder before they lay. I find it funny but my neighbours probably don't. :D I really need to try & get Morrigu in full flight. Unbelievable! She's something else entirely.

They are really quite feral. Literally.

@CrazyChookChookLady : I think I have given you a bum steer.
What sounds like seagulls in the background? Do you guys have regular seagulls or like super Australian seagulls?!
I suspect you mean the blue faced honey eaters. They're screamers too. We actually don't have seagulls around the islands. We see them @ the mainland jetty but never here.

This is Cillin. Something strange is going on with Tribe 1. For the last few nights the rest of the tribe, apart from the moulters have gone to roost without him. Cillin hangs around below the sheep field bank, not far from my house and waits until the last minute to go to roost. It all looks reasonably normal during the day, apart from the moulters straying from the tribe to find what it is they seem to crave when moulting.
Major used to do something like this whenn he was alive. It's something I have only ever seen the most senior overall roosters do. I don't know what it means.
Moon was still out, she hadn't gone to roost and was under the blackthorn bush outside my house. I shepherded Cillin round to my house and after a drink they headed up to roost together. There was nothing I saw that made me think Cillin was waitng for Moon though.
View attachment 2381914View attachment 2381915View attachment 2381916

Here they are outside my house about to head for their coop.
View attachment 2381930
Moon was still out, she hadn't gone to roost and was under the blackthorn bush outside my house. I shepherded Cillin round to my house and after a drink they headed up to roost together. There was nothing I saw that made me think Cillin was waitng for Moon though.
Perhaps she couldn't make up her mind what she wanted.
Perhaps she is playing hard to get. So hard to get that Cillin couldn't find her!

She is the sweetest little hen ever. 🥰 She's the closest I come to a lap chicken. She just loves my company. Right from the moment I let her loose she has been my chicken & though she is usually quite timid she's not shy about letting the other hens know
i'm hers. :D
That is the best. You are fortunate that she has chosen you. It is funny how quickly they choose sometimes. I knew from day one there was something special about Maleficent. I'm glad you have that bond with her.

What they are is crazy. They run round like madwomen screaming blue murder before they lay. I find it funny but my neighbours probably don't. :D I really need to try & get Morrigu in full flight. Unbelievable! She's something else entirely.

They are really quite feral. Literally.
I do need to see that video. Sounds hysterical. 😁

Back
Top Bottom