Ribh's D'Coopage

When we packed up the kitchen, I packed up the only 2 egg cups I owned. I used to have some lovely ones I picked up in Cornwell but years of children mean they are no more. All that was left was 2 little plastic ones on legs.
So far they have not reappeared.
So I have been looking round for replacements.
Egg cups are really hard to find these days! Do people not eat boiled eggs any more?

Anyway I found these in one of those little gift shops that carry odd things.
I love how bright they are!
And they are sort of chicken...🤔

View attachment 2384467
Good find. I had to make my own. Usually the bases are too small and when I dip my toast soldiers in the cups wobble about.:D

Good find. I had to make my own. Usually the bases are too small and when I dip my toast soldiers in the cups wobble about.:D
The Cornish ones were fantastic ~ really stable. :) The potter grew a mould on the clay before firing so they had these lovely lacey tracings on the glaze. I've yet to try these. I don't often eat my eggs boiled these days but the man does.

The most I've seen squashed in 1 box is 4 of my big girls. It was a very tight fit! :D

I think for me it was maybe 3 and as you know, the box isn't that big 🙄

We always had our breakfast eggs served in little egg cups when I was a child ~ but of course the nutritionists have been telling everyone for decades how bad eggs are for us so I guess boiled eggs for breakkie went out of fashion.

Germany is the only place I can remember having them, but it was pretty neat all the different stuff you could pick from. We normally had yogurt, fruit, egg and bread items

Germany is the only place I can remember having them, but it was pretty neat all the different stuff you could pick from. We normally had yogurt, fruit, egg and bread items
I loved continental breakfasts ~ especially as I'm not really a breakfast person. :)

When in Germany, you couldn't get a fried egg, you could only get soft boiled eggs and I'm not a big fan of them 😞
I like my eggs soft poached usually. :) The man likes his fried till the whites have crispy fringes... 🤢 He will occasionally do his boiled with *soldiers*.

When in Germany, you couldn't get a fried egg, you could only get soft boiled eggs and I'm not a big fan of them 😞
Goodness, I think soft boiled eggs are the best!
I am sure you will all laugh at me, but for the first ever egg gifted to me by the Princesses I knew it had to be soft boiled sort of in honor of it being the first egg!
Similarly when the Princesses gifted me my first 'giant' egg it had to be soft boiled.
Here are my egg-cups.
2CD88163-95A7-4B5A-BD77-F595F597E338.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom