Ribh's D'Coopage

Minnie Surprised Me!

So I’m in the run with the chickens and they typically like to get on my lap. However, a couple have poopy feet. So I brought out a package of baby wipes and I was gonna wipe off the foot of Bridges and a foot of Dorothy’s. Well, Bridge is molting, resisted and I was squawking a little bit trying to pull her foot away. Amazingly, Minnie, who is a low ranked hen, came to Bridge’s rescue and was trying to tell me off. So cute! I’m so proud of her!

Minnie Surprised Me!

So I’m in the run with the chickens and they typically like to get on my lap. However, a couple have poopy feet. So I brought out a package of baby wipes and I was gonna wipe off the foot of Bridges and a foot of Dorothy’s. Well, Bridge is molting, resisted and I was squawking a little bit trying to pull her foot away. Amazingly, Minnie, who is a low ranked hen, came to Bridge’s rescue and was trying to tell me off. So cute! I’m so proud of her!
Oops! I meant to put this in Bob’s thread. Sorry, RC! :lau

They were back @ it this morning. 🙄
To add disgrace to their sins Wrold had tossed out the egg that was in the nest & ate it. The evidence was all over her beak!!!😒 And the nearly empty shell was just outside the nesting box. I'm hoping it was an accidental break due to an in nest squabble & not something more deliberate.

They are both now in the small coop cooling their nether regions!
View attachment 2385684
I find it fascinating they are nesting together. I forget if you have any roosters... are they sitting on fertile eggs?

I find it fascinating they are nesting together. I forget if you have any roosters... are they sitting on fertile eggs?
No roosters. No fertile eggs. I remove eggs as fast as I can so a lot of the time they are nesting on empty air. 🙄 At present these 2 are broody more often than not.

Back
Top Bottom