Ribh's D'Coopage

MaryJanet

My chickens' vet is brilliant.
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2018
Adelaide, South Australia
My Coop
They are chronic!
At least there was a Campine egg under Wrold this morning, which makes more sense
but why they are suddenly nesting together I do not know. :idunno
View attachment 2387106
"Phyllis was right. What's with the trains? We've been waiting for weeks and weeks. Hrmph."

Ribh

Enabler
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
What's really funny about that is the fact that Wrold found it necessary to lay her egg in an already cramped box...silly girls...:gig This really is cute though!!! :love
Nope, not even Wrold's egg. 🙄 It is very cute but I can see I am going to have trouble breaking them & the weather is not helping. They were in the little coop when the storm broke & there isn't enough shelter so Wrold got pretty soaked. I brought her inside to dry her out a bit but that did not make her happy. She was freaking out so much I was as quick as possible.

drstratton

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
Mar 15, 2020
Eastern WA - USA
My Coop
Nope, not even Wrold's egg. 🙄 It is very cute but I can see I am going to have trouble breaking them & the weather is not helping. They were in the little coop when the storm broke & there isn't enough shelter so Wrold got pretty soaked. I brought her inside to dry her out a bit but that did not make her happy. She was freaking out so much I was as quick as possible.
Oops...I read that incorrectly or more like I didn't remember it correctly...what a senior moment...it was one of your Campine's eggs...lol

Poor little girl...getting her dry was a good thing to do...whether she thought so or not!

Ribh

Enabler
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
Oops...I read that incorrectly or more like I didn't remember it correctly...what a senior moment...it was one of your Campine's eggs...lol

Poor little girl...getting her dry was a good thing to do...whether she thought so or not!
It's an easy mistake to make. :) The Campines & Wyandottes are very similar in temperament & sort of in looks.

Shadrach

Roosterist
Jul 31, 2018
Catalonia, Spain
My Coop
Hilarious! 🤣 This has caused me so much angst[ :gig] I actually had to go & investigate the etymology because what on earth is the connection between a young bird & young fish. Well, here it is for the nerds amongst us! :lau

*1680s, "very young bird," earlier (1630s) "unformed, lumpish person" and used at various times for any sort of flabby mass, such as sofa cushions; probably from a Scandinavian word ...*
Squab would be a small cushion for me.

Top Bottom