Ribh's D'Coopage

Shadrach

Roosterist
Jul 31, 2018
Catalonia, Spain
My Coop
I think I may have an undisclosed obsession.:oops:
After my computer died I had a bit of experimenting with other Linux operating systems. I keep a bookmarks back up html file which I move form operating system to operating system.
I made the silly mistake of deciding that my bookmarks needed thining out and organizing. I discovered I have 164 chicken related bookmarks!
I have 2 relating to clothing and 3 related to cooking.
I'm booking myself into rehab tomorrow.

Ribh

Enabler
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
I think I may have an undisclosed obsession.:oops:
After my computer died I had a bit of experimenting with other Linux operating systems. I keep a bookmarks back up html file which I move form operating system to operating system.
I made the silly mistake of deciding that my bookmarks needed thining out and organizing. I discovered I have 164 chicken related bookmarks!
I have relating to clothing and 3 related to cooking.
I'm booking myself into rehab tomorrow.
I may have to join you. My propensity for derailing my own thread amounts to genius! 🙄

BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
They were back @ it this morning. 🙄
To add disgrace to their sins Wrold had tossed out the egg that was in the nest & ate it. The evidence was all over her beak!!!😒 And the nearly empty shell was just outside the nesting box. I'm hoping it was an accidental break due to an in nest squabble & not something more deliberate.

They are both now in the small coop cooling their nether regions!
View attachment 2385684
Very naughty girl! Unless of course, if it broke accidentally, why let it go to waste? Right? :confused: She was recycling and keeping her energy up.

BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
It's my fault, Bob. A squab is a small pigeon but I have confused it with a similar word referring to small fish & now I can't find the quote so can't totally sort the mess out. At some point I will find it & there will be this totally random post...:gig
I'm looking forward to that. I got so confused. 😆 Not that it takes a lot these days. 😆

micstrachan

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Apr 10, 2016
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
They are chronic!
At least there was a Campine egg under Wrold this morning, which makes more sense
but why they are suddenly nesting together I do not know. :idunno
View attachment 2387106
I find it adorable. Though my broody experience this year was not good, so I don’t envy you.

Ribh

Enabler
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
I find it adorable. Though my broody experience this year was not good, so I don’t envy you.
I can't let them sit so I find it distressing having to constantly thwart such an innate drive as well as frustrating having to constantly monitor them. These are young, inexperienced hens who tend not to leave the nest to eat & from sad experience I know that can be disasterous!

Top Bottom