Ribh's D'Coopage

@CrazyChookChookLady & @micstrachan

CCL:This is the finished rug I showed you the beginning of. :)
Michelle: This is my latest experiment. It's called unicorn blocks & has a reversible pattern.
It was slow & rather tedious but makes a really tight stitch.

View attachment 2392377
Oh, that is really lovely! I would like to look into that, as I can’t quite wrap my head around it. Do you go over the work with a second strand?

Oh, that is really lovely! I would like to look into that, as I can’t quite wrap my head around it. Do you go over the work with a second strand?
Thank you. It's fairly easy. the pattern is just rows of alternating stitches. The 2nd row has a long drop stitch to form the pattern.
It's 2 rows of the plain colour, 2 rows of colour, 2 rows plain with the long drop stitch.

Thank you. It's fairly easy. the pattern is just rows of alternating stitches. The 2nd row has a long drop stitch to form the pattern.
It's 2 rows of the plain colour, 2 rows of colour, 2 rows plain with the long drop stitch.
Ha! I was just watching the video amd came back here to report back. I must try this! It is really beautiful and doesn’t look too complicated. She does a great job of explaining. Thank you for sharing. Yours turned out really amazing!

Ha! I was just watching the video amd came back here to report back. I must try this! It is really beautiful and doesn’t look too complicated. She does a great job of explaining. Thank you for sharing. Yours turned out really amazing!
Thanks. :) It is slow though because the stitches are so small & the finished rug is quite heavy for it's size.

@CrazyChookChookLady & @micstrachan

CCL:This is the finished rug I showed you the beginning of. :)
Michelle: This is my latest experiment. It's called unicorn blocks & has a reversible pattern.
It was slow & rather tedious but makes a really tight stitch.

View attachment 2392377
That's a glorious rug Ribh. I love the colours you've used. :love

I didn't know that crochet could be stitched that close! :eek:

That's a glorious rug Ribh. I love the colours you've used. :love

I didn't know that crochet could be stitched that close! :eek:
Thanks, ACM. It's all worked in the back loop of the chain which makes it tighter but I've found the waffle stitch also makes quite a tight pattern.

Thanks, ACM. It's all worked in the back loop of the chain which makes it tighter but I've found the waffle stitch also makes quite a tight pattern.
I’ve done ribbing before (on mitt cuffs or hat brims), but not with those long double crochets over the top. I will have to watch the video closely, as I am not great at switching colors and sometimes I get lost on the edges (start a row in the wrong stitch). Here is my SIL in a hat I made her that has a ribbed brim and an X pattern on top of the base pattern. It’s all one strand, though.
692CEE25-CD30-4218-A338-459C885A3FC3.jpeg

I’ve done ribbing before (on mitt cuffs or hat brims), but not with those long double crochets over the top. I will have to watch the video closely, as I am not great at switching colors and sometimes I get lost on the edges (start a row in the wrong stitch). Here is my SIL in a hat I made her that has a ribbed brim and an X pattern on top of the base pattern. It’s all one strand, though.
View attachment 2392445
She shows you how to carry your yarn but the only sure fire way I've found not to make mistakes is to count & I hate counting. :( I haven't tried hats but that is a great one!

She shows you how to carry your yarn but the only sure fire way I've found not to make mistakes is to count & I hate counting. :( I haven't tried hats but that is a great one!
I hate counting, too. I was imaging counting out a really long starting chain... might have to use occasional stitch markers to keep from losing track!

Back
Top Bottom