Ribh's D'Coopage

I am not having a good trot.
I collected eggs earlier, Lavender's amongst them.
I just went to check on my girls & Lavender was stiff as a board in the coop run! 🥺 She looked like she may have been dustbathing ~ which I guess is a nice way to go for a chook. There might have been one very tiny puncture mark on her neck ~ but in all honesty I have no idea what happened. The girls all watched as I buried her in the garden @ the end of the run. She's close by & still has the company of her flock. She was unique & I think will be missed by the flock.

I think I'm going to take a few days away. I'll see how I go but 2 in such a sort space is pretty difficult.

View attachment 2425355
Oh no Ribh! Not Lavender. I'm so sorry:hugs:hugs:hugs
That's such a shock, I actually gasped at your post and of course now I'm like this :hit

All the hugs to you and take all the time you need. We will miss you and keep thinking of you until your return. :hugs:hugs:hugs💕💕

RIP Lavender you darling girl. You were very loved.

P.S. You don't need to read this if you are feeling too fragile. I'm just wracking my brains trying to figure out what may be causing this string of bad luck.

I was thinking, with the weather warming up, is there an increase in potentially dangerous insects like ticks, or mosquitoes? Can chickens contract heartworm?
:hugs

I just went to check on my girls & Lavender was stiff as a board in the coop run! 🥺 She looked like she may have been dustbathing ~ which I guess is a nice way to go for a chook. There might have been one very tiny puncture mark on her neck ~ but in all honesty I have no idea what happened. The girls all watched as I buried her in the garden @ the end of the run. She's close by & still has the company of her flock. She was unique & I think will be missed by the flock.

I think I'm going to take a few days away. I'll see how I go but 2 in such a sort space is pretty difficult.

View attachment 2425355
I'm so sorry. :hugs :hugs :hugs

View attachment 2425355
Oh Ribh. That's terrible.:hugs:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom