Ribh's D'Coopage

I agree. Although you will note, I have no such scruples regarding turkey.
Actually yeah, my girls get turkey too...:oops:
Well, turkeys are a different species. It's no worse than us eating other mammals like cows or birds of prey eating other birds.

For some reason it still feels weird though.

Cool & overcast here this morning. We are on an 8:15 boat of the island & a couple of hours after that we should be in the country looking @ chickens. The weather is a relief. I hate lugging chooks about in the heat.

And in the middle of the night it occurred to me I need some names. I thought I might go Shakespearean so if you have a favourite Shakespearean lady list her here. I might decide one of the new girls looks like a good fit. ;)
Viola from Twelfth Night. Rosalind (can be shortened to Rosa) from As You Like It. I rather like Regan from King Lear too though she wasn't particularly nice.

I found this list.

https://www.nosweatshakespeare.com/blog/shakespeare-baby-names-girls/

Happy naming Ribh!

Crikey.... Let me think... Titania is quite sassy. Puck of course, although not a lady in strict terms. Miranda lived on an island. Ophelia, although a sad ending, might not bode well. Portia.

Ok thats me run out of names. I didn't mention Juliet but it's a good name for a silly young chicken.
If you are going with The Tempest and names that are not necessarily female what about Ariel?

Ooooh - Shakespearean ladies - how about Ophelia, Cressida, Desdemona, Viola, Rosalind, Mistress Quickly, Portia, Olivia, Goneril, Lady Macbeth, Cordelia, Beatrice, Cleopatra, Lady Anne. I could add Juliet but I really cannot stand that play.
I love Mistress Quickly! Sounds perfect for the right type of hen! 🥰

Back
Top Bottom