Ribh's D'Coopage

And this ladies & gentlemen is why I like POLs: They understand when the light fades you go to roost in the nice safe coop. Chicks do not. They were prepared to roost in the coop run as if it were their nice safe brooder.🙄 I had 2 nodding off in the food dishes. I rounded them all up 1 by1 & popped them in the coop. Five came out. We did a 2nd round with even greater bedlam because now they knew the monster human was going to grab them. Four came out for a 3rd round. By now it was nearly fully dark, no~one could see & no~one was happy. When I got the last Vorwerk into the coop I dropped the pop door ~ something I don't normally do as the little coop has no ventilation. I will open it up again in a bit so they have nice fresh air coming in & they can get up when they're ready in the morning.

Meanwhile Alpia went to roost in a nesting box! :he The good news is Beatha has been accepted as a top girl rooster. :D
Let the fun begin! It won't be too many times and then they will have it down. They are pretty smart. You got this. Plus, an excuse to touch them. 🥰

Watch out! That car is on the wrong side of the road! Oh, wait. Never mind.

It may not have cooler leaves but it is pretty in its own way. Thanks for sharing. I just love the peeps in the background. 🥰 So much fun to come.

I thought the same thing with the car, having NEVER driven in another country! :eek:

These are the 6 I asked Natasha to hold for me: L~R A splash Japanese bantam; a silver laced Wyandotte frizzle; an Aracauna/Belgian X frizzle; a gold laced Wyandotte; a Belgian duccle frizzle & a Japanese bantam.

You may all now start praying for me ~ Shad excepted given his convictions. He can be on standbye for when I need sound, sane advice & a quick kick up the cabooshie because Natasha wasn't joking when she told me *young pullets* ! They're off heat but are still basically chicks. We had to stop @ the produce store [wonderful country people who understood my panic @ not knowing which brand of chick starter I needed & sorted it all out for me!] because they are all still on chick starter. 🙄 I've never had hens this young before! Panic button now hit but I'm prepared to give it a go!

@BY Bob! What did you do to me?!
View attachment 2436286
That looks like a whole world of trouble in there.:lol:
Great picture by the way.:love

Back
Top Bottom