Ribh's D'Coopage

It's always the sweeties who turn mean. Lottie was just the same.
Of all the girls to find picking on anyone Alpia would not have been my first choice but there she was yesterday, having managed to corner Olivia & going for her hammer & tongs. I rescued Olivia, who was looking totally bewildered.
I guess the lady who is @ the bottom of the pecking order is making sure she doesn't stay there! :lol:

View attachment 2489343
Bottom of the pecking order will do anything to make certain they don't remain there during and integration. Lilly did it. Aurora is still doing it. I assume sweet little Phyllis will do it. She certainly did it to Ned and Lucky.

Thank you 🤗🤗 I'm not sure how quickly the pain will go away. We found out today that I broke it in two places, the doctor will be putting a metal plate and pins in my wrist tomorrow morning.
O Sue. We will pray for you. I'm sorry this had to happen to you. :hugs :hugs

Medh has been to the vet again. She is not a well chicken. Temp; bit of blood in her droppings, hugely swollen belly & not really eating or drinking.

I can't afford x~rays which might show a blockage or tumour ~ I just don't have unlimited funds or even a regular income ~ but probably not Ascites . Possibly a touch of cocci brought about by whatever else is ailing her. Possibly egg peritonitis. She is on a broad spectrum antibiotic & the vet gave her a shot of something to make her feel better.

She is a lovely little chicken & was super well behaved throughout her examination. Given she's a Campine that's almost @ miracle status!

The vet will bring something over to treat everyone for cocci. I had terrible trouble getting Amprolium last time & this time the Littlies got treated 1st before I ran out.

View attachment 2488419

My vet is really nice & enjoys talking chicken. :D Last time I showed her my new acquisitions & like most people she was charmed. They are very pretty chickies! She keeps chickens herself, always a bonus, & wanted to know where I had acquired mine. I didn't have the information on me so wrote it down for her this time & she was thrilled I had remembered her interest & got the information for her. She has finally talked her hubby into building her a nice big coop ...🤣🤣🤣...don't we all know this story...& hopes to have pictures to show me next visit. So despite my worry about Medh it was a really nice visit & she's very good with my chickens. Gentle & doesn't spook them.
Oh no, Medh! A hugely swollen belly, but not ascites? Did the vet attempt to tap her belly to make sure there isn’t fluid in there? Is she laying?

Thank you 🤗🤗 I'm not sure how quickly the pain will go away. We found out today that I broke it in two places, the doctor will be putting a metal plate and pins in my wrist tomorrow morning.
Sorry to hear that Grammy. :hugsJoints are such a complicated part of the body.
Hope the procedure goes well tomorrow. Thinking of you.

Back
Top Bottom