Ribh's D'Coopage

CrazyChookChookLady

Free Ranging
Jan 24, 2019
New Bloomfield, PA
I managed to get a sunrise shot today. I don't get many because our easterly side is all wooded, but this morning I think it turned out pretty well.

20210115_071256.jpg

It was just above freezing this morning, and the colors were just so vibrant, this really doesn't do it justice.

Shadrach

Roosterist
Jul 31, 2018
Catalonia, Spain
My Coop
My Coop
Thank you both. :hugs Medh has always been a little funny ~ not sick but not quite right either. Anything extra is just too much stress on her body & she starts going downhill. Hopefully she will rally & come good.
Just not being able to lay ones hands on the right medication makes life very difficult. Here's hoping that whatever the vet supplies for coccidia helps Medh.:fl

Shadrach

Roosterist
Jul 31, 2018
Catalonia, Spain
My Coop
My Coop
RIP Medh.

Some time this afternoon Medh's spirit passed.

I made her up a special mash & got her antibiotic ready & when I went to get her she was gone. :(

We tried hard together. I know she had longer than she otherwise might have & she loved her life here always, from the moment I brought her home. I will miss her but whatever was wrong she is now @ peace.
Go in peace, sweet girl.

View attachment 2488682

View attachment 2488685
So sad. She was a sweet looking hen.:hugs

rjohns39

Wrangler
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Aug 20, 2015
Smith County, TN
Good morning folks :frow Have a great day

Sue's doing well, drifting in and out as would be expected. Both the OR Nurse and Doc said everything went extremely well. I do have to say that the parking lot sucks as an OR waiting room. We'll start her on pain meds about bed time as the arm is supposed to wake up a couple hours after.

MaryJanet

My chickens' vet is brilliant.
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2018
Adelaide, South Australia
My Coop
My Coop

Sue's doing well, drifting in and out as would be expected. Both the OR Nurse and Doc said everything went extremely well. I do have to say that the parking lot sucks as an OR waiting room. We'll start her on pain meds about bed time as the arm is supposed to wake up a couple hours after.
Thanks for the update.

Ribh

Addict
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop

Thanks, Bob. Hope things calm down for you 2 now.

Ribh

Addict
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
Just not being able to lay ones hands on the right medication makes life very difficult. Here's hoping that whatever the vet supplies for coccidia helps Medh.:fl

I don't know why the Amprolium was so hard to get hold of last time. I rang every produce store & pet shop in the area & turned up just one bottle of the stuff. I should check if it goes off if it's held for any length of time.

Top Bottom