Ribh's D'Coopage

Ribh

Addict
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
We seem to be getting some *firsts* here. Wrold, naughty girl, is in broody jail in a cat carrier. I have been keeping her with the flock. She has her own food & water & I just move the carrier around but it means I need to check on her first thing as invariably the food & water have been knocked over. So out I toddled in my jammies & the girls started screaming as soon as they heard the screen door even though they couldn't see me yet. They know I'm up & about so the Let me out, let me out! started immediately even though they know no~one is going anywhere until I have me some eggs. It was noisier this morning. I found all the Littlies @ their door making a racket to be let out too! :lol: There was a small stampede, lots of running & flapping & happy excited noises so I guess I'm becoming less of an ogre. The big girls are eyeing them off jealously. Not happy, Jan!:lau

MaryJanet

My chickens' vet is brilliant.
Premium Feather Member
Dec 24, 2018
Adelaide, South Australia
My Coop
My Coop
We seem to be getting some *firsts* here. Wrold, naughty girl, is in broody jail in a cat carrier. I have been keeping her with the flock. She has her own food & water & I just move the carrier around but it means I need to check on her first thing as invariably the food & water have been knocked over. So out I toddled in my jammies & the girls started screaming as soon as they heard the screen door even though they couldn't see me yet. They know I'm up & about so the Let me out, let me out! started immediately even though they know no~one is going anywhere until I have me some eggs. It was noisier this morning. I found all the Littlies @ their door making a racket to be let out too! :lol: There was a small stampede, lots of running & flapping & happy excited noises so I guess I'm becoming less of an ogre. The big girls are eyeing them off jealously. Not happy, Jan!:lau
It's funny you should mention the screen door setting them off. The other day I had to put the hens in the big coop for safety while i was out and tradies were working. When I got home i went from the car to the coop to let them out and asked the tradies if they'd been fretting all day: no, they started fretting only when they heard the car!

Ribh

Addict
Dec 18, 2018
Island, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
My Coop
My Coop
It's funny you should mention the screen door setting them off. The other day I had to put the hens in the big coop for safety while i was out and tradies were working. When I got home i went from the car to the coop to let them out and asked the tradies if they'd been fretting all day: no, they started fretting only when they heard the car!

Animals know our routines better than we do. Our cats get anxious as soon as there's a change in the morning routine. They know we are going out. The chickens can see us in the living room @ different times & get excited. If they are out & looking for us they wander round to the front door. They know that's the one we usually use. Dinner time is set in iron for everyone even though I try to mix it up.

CrazyChookChookLady

Free Ranging
Jan 24, 2019
New Bloomfield, PA
Happy caturday from Josh!!

20210116_185145.jpg

He's having dinner and PM meds plus some snuggles. He's purring up a storm while laying against my leg.

Top Bottom