Ribh's D'Coopage

Pepper is still broody. It will be 21 days tomorrow I think. Anyone know when I can expect her to give up?

I have been hoiking her out daily to eat and drink.
She has her own, dedicated breakfast brick.
IMG20210125095034.jpg

If she doesn't have a drink the first time I will take her out again and dip her toes in the water bowl then perch her on the edge. That usually does the trick!

IMG20210124093256.jpg

Wrold has been terrorizing my babies.
I thought we had her broodiness beat. She spent a whole day with the flock doing what she ought & when I opened the coop up for dinner she was jostling for her place @ the feeding tub then went off to preen & enjoy the sunset with everybody else.

When I went to check @ roosting she was in a nesting box bokking away. 🙄

So was Hepzibah.

So now I have 2!:he:he:he

I've had a gutful. It seems like this has been going on forever.😖
So tonight I threw her in the little coop with my babies. After all, any one standard would make three of her & there were 3 of them.
Nope.

She terrorised the lot of them.

20210126_190644.jpg

I sat @ the nesting box lid with my trusty fishing rod & supervised.
No way was I letting Wrold have things all her own way.

The nice part is the babies were only too happy to be stroked & reassured.

The Standards are big sooks. It was Ceres who ventured forth to take on Wrold & claim the babies usual sleeping spot under the window. Desdemona joined her & eventually my itsy~bitsy frizzles who reassured Regan. Glorianna was next but Portia was last & very uncertain. They may be big girls but they aren't bullies & a broody Wrold can be a nasty piece of work. They promptly turned their united backs on her & left her to roost in solitary splendour!

The itsy~bitsies have tucked themselves well under the bigger girls as if they were chicks again & the pop door is open so there are options for first thing in the morning but my gosh! What a soap opera!​
20210126_190728.jpg

Pepper is still broody. It will be 21 days tomorrow I think. Anyone know when I can expect her to give up?

View attachment 2503189

If she doesn't have a drink the first time I will take her out again and dip her toes in the water bowl then perch her on the edge. That usually does the trick!

View attachment 2503190

You have my sympathy. I am up to two!

Good evening everyone 😊

Wrold has been terrorizing my babies.
I thought we had her broodiness beat. She spent a whole day with the flock doing what she ought & when I opened the coop up for dinner she was jostling for her place @ the feeding tub then went off to preen & enjoy the sunset with everybody else.

When I went to check @ roosting she was in a nesting box bokking away. 🙄

So was Hepzibah.

So now I have 2!:he:he:he

I've had a gutful. It seems like this has been going on forever.😖
So tonight I threw her in the little coop with my babies. After all, any one standard would make three of her & there were 3 of them.
Nope.

She terrorised the lot of them.

View attachment 2503297

I sat @ the nesting box lid with my trusty fishing rod & supervised.
No way was I letting Wrold have things all her own way.

The nice part is the babies were only too happy to be stroked & reassured.

The Standards are big sooks. It was Ceres who ventured forth to take on Wrold & claim the babies usual sleeping spot under the window. Desdemona joined her & eventually my itsy~bitsy frizzles who reassured Regan. Glorianna was next but Portia was last & very uncertain. They may be big girls but they aren't bullies & a broody Wrold can be a nasty piece of work. They promptly turned their united backs on her & left her to roost in solitary splendour!

The itsy~bitsies have tucked themselves well under the bigger girls as if they were chicks again & the pop door is open so there are options for first thing in the morning but my gosh! What a soap opera!​
View attachment 2503298

That is so precious how the big girls took the little one under protection.

View attachment 2503189

View attachment 2503190
Does she have a calendar where she is marking off the days? 😉

I would think she will give up in the next day or so. She should understand the time frame.

Back
Top Bottom