Ribh's D'Coopage

We had a 4 hour round trip to visit my mother yesterday. I was up super early to see to the animals & I tossed a bale into the coop to amuse the girls for the day. We got home about 5ish ~ which was late for everyone but I rushed out to the coop to check the girls & everyone was fine. There was still plenty of available water, the straw bale had been demolished, the feed tubs emptied. Everyone was happy to see me & get fed & hoed down happily. I was a little late out this morning as yesterday was exhausting. Regan had made it downstairs this morning, headed to the food & water but was dead ~ & had been for some time. 😢 I am sorry to lose her. She was shaping up to be a terrific lead hen. She looked happy & peaceful & the Littlies seem to be doing ok without her.
Probably Wednesday we will head out to pick up another 4 & try again. All my research says it's just one of those things. No predicting it. No preventing it. She wasn't sick, so no treating it. She just suddenly died, reason unknown.

And Soda is broody. Soda! This is the 1st time ever she's shown any inclination & now it's been twice in one year when it is looking more & more like her laying days are over. If she persists she will have to have a few days in the little coop before I bring the new girls home.
Oh I am so so sorry to hear this!!

That's what I ran into when I was looking for one before. It's a very popular mug! I would also love to get the egg cups.
I tried to do an image search on my desktop & when I right click it doesn't give me the option for an image search. I will try it again tomorrow.
I think...but will experiment tomorrow when I have time...you have to click on the picture first so only the image shows, then right click. I've done this when I wanted to know the artist of a painting I couldn't remember & for stuff like that it works a treat.

We had a 4 hour round trip to visit my mother yesterday. I was up super early to see to the animals & I tossed a bale into the coop to amuse the girls for the day. We got home about 5ish ~ which was late for everyone but I rushed out to the coop to check the girls & everyone was fine. There was still plenty of available water, the straw bale had been demolished, the feed tubs emptied. Everyone was happy to see me & get fed & hoed down happily. I was a little late out this morning as yesterday was exhausting. Regan had made it downstairs this morning, headed to the food & water but was dead ~ & had been for some time. 😢 I am sorry to lose her. She was shaping up to be a terrific lead hen. She looked happy & peaceful & the Littlies seem to be doing ok without her.
Probably Wednesday we will head out to pick up another 4 & try again. All my research says it's just one of those things. No predicting it. No preventing it. She wasn't sick, so no treating it. She just suddenly died, reason unknown.

And Soda is broody. Soda! This is the 1st time ever she's shown any inclination & now it's been twice in one year when it is looking more & more like her laying days are over. If she persists she will have to have a few days in the little coop before I bring the new girls home.
Oh Ribh.:hugs:hugs:hugs
Not really a consolation but at least it was quick.

I think...but will experiment tomorrow when I have time...you have to click on the picture first so only the image shows, then right click. I've done this when I wanted to know the artist of a painting I couldn't remember & for stuff like that it works a treat.
I tried it in a different browser and got it to work...pretty cool! It doesn't work in Firefox, I will probably message them and put in a suggestion that they add that feature. Thank you so much, it's great to have another tool in the arsenal! :love

Donk (black and whitsih) Knock, Donks daughter.
Donk is about as feral as they get in the mixed breeds. I don't know what she eats. I hardly ever see her eating the commercial feed. I check her crop most nights when she's roosting; can't get that near to her during the day, and her crop is usually full.
Knock is Miss Horrid. The older she gets, the more horrid she becomes. She blames Bucket Boy. She says she's following his example.:thI think she's likely to get more feral if she doesn't nest somewhere stupid and get predated befor she gets found. One would have thought that Donk in particular would be easy to spot in most terrains but she isn't.
P2250515.JPG

Donk is about as feral as they get in the mixed breeds. I don't know what she eats. I hardly ever see her eating the commercial feed. I check her crop most nights when she's roosting; can't get that near to her during the day, and her crop is usually full.
Knock is Miss Horrid. The older she gets, the more horrid she becomes. She blames Bucket Boy. She says she's following his example.:thI think she's likely to get more feral if she doesn't nest somewhere stupid and get predated befor she gets found. One would have thought that Donk in particular would be easy to spot in most terrains but she isn't.
View attachment 2544908
Are they old hens Shad?

View attachment 2544908
Such lovely patterns

Back
Top Bottom