Ribh's D'Coopage

I once read speckled sussex get whiter with age too.
Lucy did. :love

854BAAD2-FFD0-42C0-96FE-057A014C3AE1.jpeg

For @drstratton
EASY 2 EGG PAVLOVA
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon cornflour
  • 1 1/2 cups castor sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vinegar
  • 1/3 cup boiling water

Combine all ingredients. Beat on high on mixer until sugar has dissolved & the mixture is very stiff. [roughly 15 mins]

Cover a baking sheet with aluminium foil. A pizza base sheet works well.

Cover the base with mixture to form a meringue circle with the centre filled in. Now if you stop here [& you can] fruit & cream is liable to slide off. What I do is reserve some mixture. I use this to form small meringues around the perimeter of the circle. All it requires is a spoon of the desired size. I use a teaspoon. Twist the spoon as you add dollops of the mixture. This will give the desired *meringue* effect. The dollops should touch each other so that when baked you have an inverted bowl to fill with fruit & cream.

Bake in a moderate oven for 10 mins. Decrease the temperature & slow bake for a further 1 ~ 1 1/2 hours. Cool in the oven with the door ajar. It should sound sort of hollow when you tap it. This is the crunchy variety. I have no idea how to make a soft Pav.

Just before eating fill with whipped cream & fruit of choice.

Word of warning: don't try this in high humidity. The insides will go gooey.
pavlova-dessert-2-13450157.jpg

Not my image but it shows you how the little meringues will hold your filling in place.

I've never had a fail with this recipe. It is super easy & still tastes great.

For @drstratton
EASY 2 EGG PAVLOVA
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon cornflour
  • 1 1/2 cups castor sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vinegar
  • 1/3 cup boiling water

Combine all ingredients. Beat on high on mixer until sugar has dissolved & the mixture is very stiff. [roughly 15 mins]

Cover a baking sheet with aluminium foil. A pizza base sheet works well.

Cover the base with mixture to form a meringue circle with the centre filled in. Now if you stop here [& you can] fruit & cream is liable to slide off. What I do is reserve some mixture. I use this to form small meringues around the perimeter of the circle. All it requires is a spoon of the desired size. I use a teaspoon. Twist the spoon as you add dollops of the mixture. This will give the desired *meringue* effect. The dollops should touch each other so that when baked you have an inverted bowl to fill with fruit & cream.

Bake in a moderate oven for 10 mins. Decrease the temperature & slow bake for a further 1 ~ 1 1/2 hours. Cool in the oven with the door ajar. It should sound sort of hollow when you tap it. This is the crunchy variety. I have no idea how to make a soft Pav.

Just before eating fill with whipped cream & fruit of choice.

Word of warning: don't try this in high humidity. The insides will go gooey. View attachment 2661184
Not my image but it shows you how the little meringues will hold your filling in place.

I've never had a fail with this recipe. It is super easy & still tastes great.
I've never made a Pav myself but I might give this a go come Spring. Bookmarked! Thanks Ribh. :drool

Roosting arrangements are a little peculiar these days.​
View attachment 2661163
That would be the perfect picture to give us a full name list.
Top row, left to right; Middle row, left to right etc.
I confess to not always (actually rarely) having them straight in my head.

Back
Top Bottom