Ribh's D'Coopage

In another nod to @Shadrach

Violet's eggs are set to hatch Monday. I have not candled but 1 egg about 3 days ago and it was a nice full egg with a big air cell. I can't wait to see what awaits us in the coming days.

View attachment 2671531

Pardon the devil eyes, I had to use the flash.
I just love the way they are cuddled together, like he is protecting her. 🥰

Yes they are both huge cats - but she is all long and pointy and I still cannot get over those ears!
I really love all my cats very much - but she is something special. :love
I agree. My daughter was so right. It was worth the 9 hour round trip. I'm so glad I gave in to her. 🥰

I've been saying for a while I've not been happy about Gloriana.
Not sick, just not as sassy as I thought she used to be. Not pecking everybody like she used to. Not foraging quite as she used to. Not running with the Vorwerks like she used to. I picked her up the other night & she felt super light, much lighter than her sister, Portia, who is the same age. She eats enough &
She's a Wyandotte ~ a dual purpose bird. She is meant to be a big heavy girl.

So I carted her inside. At least with all the handling she is accommodating & I've not got a large, angry chook batting @ me & screaming her head off. That would be the Vorwerks. 🙄 First a shot of vitamins. Never goes astray. I wormed her with the rest of the flock but after Shad's warnings I suspected worms probably. More likely than not the worming treatment hadn't worked with her. I dug around in my chook kit to see what I had. Yep, a few tablets left! :D I know they're super effective so I shoved 1/2 a one down her throat & put her back with the girls.

Today I happened to be right there when she dropped a poop so I rushed over to investigate. Only a Chickeneer understands another chickeneer's obsession with chook poop. 😆 And there they were! Thread worms! Nice & dead so I'm hoping I've solved Gloriana's problem. She's certainly been more herself today.
Just look @ that face! Watch out Chookies!
View attachment 2670369
Oh good. Pleased you've got a wormer that works. An awful lot of the stuff advertised and even supplied by vets just doesn't do the job.

Thank you, ladies. Observation is one thing. Knowing what to do with what one observes is another thing entirely. I think @Shadrach deserves a round of thanks as he's the one pointed out the wormer the vet gave me might not work so I didn't immediately dismiss worms as I otherwise would have, knowing I'd only recently wormed the flock.
No thanks necessary. It's just one of those messages that is quite hard to get accross to people, especially when a vet has recommended a solution.

Back
Top Bottom