Ribh's D'Coopage

I will never understand chickens.
While the coop run space is indeed tight there are options; There's the coop itself, 5 large logs, a narrow roost the little girls can use, a mulched area & the sand pit but invariably the sand pit is where everyone chooses to congregate, from whence they scream @ me to come let them out. 🙄
View attachment 2674379
And I inevitably get some really odd pairings...
Gloriana & Portia I understand but Desdemona?
Delusions of grandeur?
View attachment 2674382
Chickens be crazy! 🤷🏼‍♀️

Any integration has it's difficulties. For one thing the new girls don't want to be integrated. What they want is the known & familiar. They don't want to run the gamut of the bully girls, the squabble for food, water & roosting space. They don't want to be plunged into this new & frightening environment.

I always feel so sorry for them as I watch them hang back, knowing they're not welcome, cry for their old home & seek reassurance from each other. The first night is always the worst. They wait till almost dark to eat & drink. They don't know where to go when it's time to roost & even my laid back lot will scream & fuss & peck some as I lift each girl onto a roost.

The next morning is no better. They don't know the routine & have to find their way through the food & water order ~ that's if they even make it downstairs. But by Day 3 this is what I'm hoping to see! 😁 Tsura & Oshina were sharing a feeder. Chavi & Shuri were @ the water dish together.
No~one was screaming @ them. No~one was pecking them. Everything was orderly, calm & peaceful. I think we're done. 😄
View attachment 2674469
Congratulations! Well done once again! :clap :clap

I am not worthy. :bow:bow:bow

Oh @Ribh if I wasn't maxed out on chicks I'd get a few of these just for the fun of it!!

View attachment 2674845

This is the first time I have ever seen these available locally. (Lancaster is about 1.5 hours from me)
I have been stuck on this post for so long but sadly I am going to be mature and not get any. Man I could have so many chickens. If I let myself go. 😬

My poor Ha'penny,
She's having a very hard moult.​
20210518_133257.jpg

Back
Top Bottom