Ribh's D'Coopage

For all our love & care we lost Gloriana last night.
She had a couple of really good days eating & drinking well. Her poops returned to near normal. She was bright eyed & honking away chattily with us.

Yesterday she slept nearly all day, her head tucked into her feathers, & ate very little. I was worried as when I picked her up to medicate her she seemed to be in pain. Shortly after I tucked her up for the night she gave a couple of goodbye honks & was gone. I would have had her back to the vet on Tuesday but it seems whatever happened with the snake was indeed fatal. She had 2 more months than she had any right to & mostly I think they were good months.
RIP sweet girl.
She is buried with some of her sisters amongst the azaleas, where the tribes love to gather.​
View attachment 2716873
This is very sad news. You know you tried your best, and she did seem to rally for a bit, but you’re right, there was probably too much internal damage after the snake incident. RIP Gloriana. 🙁

Oh I am so sorry. She was a lovely girl and survived a horrible ordeal to experience some chickeny happiness after.

I’m so sorry! Poor little girl😞

She did so well for so long after the snake. What a strong little one.

Bye Gloriana 🌈🌈🌈

I'm so sorry Jeannie,she was so beautiful and loved. She will missed :hugs :hugs

I know it was not unexpected but still I am really sorry for your loss. She was a tough lady. This has been a tough day around here. 😥

:hugs :hugs :hugs for you.

I'm so sorry Ribh. She was a real trooper. ❤️💔:hugs:hugs

Jeannie, I'm so sorry :hugs:hugs She put up a good fight and knew she was loved. You did an amazing job with her. :hugs:hugs

This is very sad news. You know you tried your best, and she did seem to rally for a bit, but you’re right, there was probably too much internal damage after the snake incident. RIP Gloriana. 🙁
Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts & condolences. I'm an eternal optimist & really hoped we could turn things round for her. I admit I've taken her death hard. You always get extra close to an animal you are taking special care of & she got the best we could give her. I miss her honking for me as I come downstairs 1st thing & how she chatted away as we moved around the house. She was good company.

I'm sorry for the man too as he thought she was the most beautiful chicken ever! [He's far less keen on my B&W beauties :lol: ] In retrospect I'm wondering if the snake is what did for the Vorwerk in the end too as there was no reason for that bird to die either but the snake did attack 2 although I never saw exactly all that went on. It wants to stay well away from here as it will not be so lucky another time.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts & condolences. I'm an eternal optimist & really hoped we could turn things round for her. I admit I've taken her death hard. You always get extra close to an animal you are taking special care of & she got the best we could give her. I miss her honking for me as I come downstairs 1st thing & how she chatted away as we moved around the house. She was good company.

I'm sorry for the man too as he thought she was the most beautiful chicken ever! [He's far less keen on my B&W beauties :lol: ] In retrospect I'm wondering if the snake is what did for the Vorwerk in the end too as there was no reason for that bird to die either but the snake did attack 2 although I never saw exactly all that went on. It wants to stay well away from here as it will not be so lucky another time.
I wouldn't be surprised about the vorwerk. That snake ... Grrrr

They do have this super cute honk. I love Sansa's voice. I would miss it greatly. I can only imagine how much it hurts. :hugs :hugs:hugs

They do have this super cute honk. I love Sansa's voice. I would miss it greatly. I can only imagine how much it hurts. :hugs :hugs:hugs
Thankfully I still have Portia & Shuri. Portia is a scream. I think you were right too, @BY Bob. She chases the Vorwerks for fun. I am still trying to get video of that. It's hysterical.

Thankfully I still have Portia & Shuri. Portia is a scream. I think you were right too, @BY Bob. She chases the Vorwerks for fun. I am still trying to get video of that. It's hysterical.
They are both mean and somehow lovable at the same time. I could not imagine the flock without her. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom