Ribh's D'Coopage

Happy Caturday! 🥰
Todays cats are in memoriam.
Gyver
View attachment 2771317
Gyver was our 1st family cat, rescued off the waterfront & so covered in fleas he looked black. He was a Siamese X with blue eyes, ginger points & a kink in his tail. He was the sweetest boy & always just so, so grateful for the home he found with us.
Issi
View attachment 2771318

Issi was a cat of another colour entirely. Technically he shouldn't ever have lived here. Technically he wasn't my cat. In reality he was the Greatest Cat Ever & totally devoted to me ~ & me alone.

The middle lad acquired him from his then girlfriend as a fubby~wubby kitten, snuck him into a house that already had 3 resident cats, then departed for seas unknown leaving his cat behind but promising to send money for food & desexing. He never did & I had a cat I neither liked nor wanted.

Then Gyver was diagnosed riddled with cancer & laid the burden of life down. I was devastated. Issi, who was determined to love & be loved, climbed up my leg into my lap, wriggled up my chest, laid his head over my heart & grieved with me. From that moment on he was my cat & there was never any question of said son reclaiming him. He died suddenly of a blood clot but is irreplaceable. He was one of a kind.
What a beautiful life you've lived with your cat friends.

I feel I should follow suit with a story of a cat in memoriam.

But I'm already prepped with an overexposed photo of Blossy on the windowsill so I'll go with that for now and have a think about cats past and how best to tell their stories.

She was supervising the wood chipping guys.

IMG_2021-07-22-11-51-00-687.jpg

Happy Caturday! 🥰
Todays cats are in memoriam.
Gyver
View attachment 2771317
Gyver was our 1st family cat, rescued off the waterfront & so covered in fleas he looked black. He was a Siamese X with blue eyes, ginger points & a kink in his tail. He was the sweetest boy & always just so, so grateful for the home he found with us.
Issi
View attachment 2771318

Issi was a cat of another colour entirely. Technically he shouldn't ever have lived here. Technically he wasn't my cat. In reality he was the Greatest Cat Ever & totally devoted to me ~ & me alone.

The middle lad acquired him from his then girlfriend as a fubby~wubby kitten, snuck him into a house that already had 3 resident cats, then departed for seas unknown leaving his cat behind but promising to send money for food & desexing. He never did & I had a cat I neither liked nor wanted.

Then Gyver was diagnosed riddled with cancer & laid the burden of life down. I was devastated. Issi, who was determined to love & be loved, climbed up my leg into my lap, wriggled up my chest, laid his head over my heart & grieved with me. From that moment on he was my cat & there was never any question of said son reclaiming him. He died suddenly of a blood clot but is irreplaceable. He was one of a kind.
Wonderful memories and wonderful cats. Thanks so much for sharing. :hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom