Ribh's D'Coopage

Wow. I don't think I would survive your winters! 😲 I have trouble generating enough body heat to trap heat between layers & so am nearly always cold ~ even in the middle of summer.
I agree with getting your thyroid checked. That is often a sign for me that mine is low, mine doesn't work at all really, I have taken meds since I was about 13.
My favorite base layer btw if you can find some is silk. The best for temperature regulation.

We had a sudden and awesome sunset last night.
20210726_210237.jpg

Last edited:
Good evening everyone 😊😴

I've heard enough nasty comments about being a teacher of young children and some from family 😞. It makes you feel worthless and nobody should be made to feel that way .
How can teaching young children be without worth? That is so wrong and so mean.
:hugs

Thank you for appreciating that desk work can be hard work :love It's the constant list of things to do that simply doesn't ever get down to zero. Never. Never. Not ever. And the deadlines mean I'm always chasing some task or other while my weekend slips by unnoticed and unacknowledged by anyone but me and those who care about me.

Then recently I was judged for it by an acquaintance who does physical work and doesn't understand that sitting and tapping out work on the keyboard or reading the 600th email that week counts as work. I said '"I bust a gut to get stuff done" and she said "you don't bust a gut" :( it was unkind and unthinking of her.
I know how you feel. If it helps at all, I respect what you do and what it takes. :hugs :hugs

The man's GPs arrived for a visit when I was in the middle of my degree & certainly didn't think wading through Paradise Lost was any sort of work. I hated Paradise Lost & it was excruciating & difficult & very hard work. Mental exercise can leave you as physically exhausted as running a marathon ~ oh, & 1 hours preaching is as physically demanding as 3 hours of hard labour. 😲 I appreciate the physically able amongst us but don't knock the other if you've never done it.
I am actually interested in Paradise Lost. It has been on my reading list for years. Can you explain why it was excruciating?

Last edited:
Good evening folks :frow

I too spend my time behind a computer. I also work full time from home. Some days I'm wading through financial data looking for trends and issues, while other days I'm creating workflows on SharePoint to automate routine tasks. I also design new reports to present data in a more concise manner. In between all of that, I buy training for our 900 person team, order temporary workers as needed and purchase all subcontract labor for the team. At the end of the day, I'm way more tired than I was working at the factory 12 hours a day doing physical labor.
Know that your hard work is appreciated Bob. Even if it is only by me.

I agree with getting your thyroid checked. That is often a sign for me that mine is low, mine doesn't work at all really, I have taken meds since I was about 13.
My favorite base layer btw if you can find some is silk. The best for temperature regulation.

We had a sudden and awesome sunset last night.
View attachment 2775303
Beautiful. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom