Ribh's D'Coopage

I swear I do not know how I ever raised 5 kids. I had the grandies for 2 days & 2 nights & while their dad arrived last night to help out & take them away this morning I feel like I need a year's rest! 🙄

In the middle of the mayhem GS yelled out that Beatha had a bloody beak. We all know blood is never good ~ especially when we're talking chickens. I had noticed her earlier with her head tucked under her wing & both my head hen & her 2nd standing watch over her but had thought nothing of it. My flock is in a constant state of flux.

View attachment 2775644

I grabbed her & brought her inside. She had a mouthful of blood & was gurgling away & I was absolutely horrified. I've never seen or read about anything like this. She seems OK this morning & is eating & drinking. I will check her mouth before I release her with the girls but my best bet is she managed to cut her mouth or tongue somehow on something she found. No idea what. Traumatising - that's been what my last 24 hours have been.
How is she this morning? I hope she's doing ok.

Good evening folks :frow

I too spend my time behind a computer. I also work full time from home. Some days I'm wading through financial data looking for trends and issues, while other days I'm creating workflows on SharePoint to automate routine tasks. I also design new reports to present data in a more concise manner. In between all of that, I buy training for our 900 person team, order temporary workers as needed and purchase all subcontract labor for the team. At the end of the day, I'm way more tired than I was working at the factory 12 hours a day doing physical labor.
Thanks for sharing your work story Bob. It really helps to know others understand the effort it takes and the insult in her words.

Good evening everyone 😊😴

I've heard enough nasty comments about being a teacher of young children and some from family 😞. It makes you feel worthless and nobody should be made to feel that way .
Disrespect for teachers is rife at this time and it's so sad. Teaching is future-making, whether someone is teaching their own family or 40 kids of strangers. Nothing matters more than getting kids off to a great start in their love of learning, capability to work with others and problem solving.

Disrespect for teachers is rife at this time and it's so sad. Teaching is future-making, whether someone is teaching their own family or 40 kids of strangers. Nothing matters more than getting kids off to a great start in their love of learning, capability to work with others and problem solving.
Teaching is exhausting. I not only homeschooled but I've done remedial teaching ~ primarily reading & writing. The amount of concentration needed for prolonged periods is exhausting.

I know how you feel. If it helps at all, I respect what you do and what it takes. :hugs :hugs
Thank you Bob. I know lots of people respect me for it, and I respect myself, but that particular insult came out of the blue and from someone I'd genuinely tried to show kindness towards. It's not exactly invisible work, but obviously it's not visible to everyone. I need to learn to be ok with that and become better able to defend the work.

Teaching is exhausting. I not only homeschooled but I've done remedial teaching ~ primarily reading & writing. The amount of concentration needed for prolonged periods is exhausting.
Exactly. Decision fatigue takes a lot of recuperation. That's why so many young people give up the teaching profession after a couple of years.

I’m sorry Ribh, that’s really stressful. :hugs
Thanks Lozzy. It really was because I had the kiddies ~ 2 & 4 ~ & while they are heaps better behaved than they were they couldn't be left while I investigated a chook so it was basically have a quick look & shove her in a cage overnight. She seems ok but I'm wondering if she's lost her whole tongue...? 🤔 I can't see it but that doesn't mean much...

Uh oh. I had already emptied my mug before I remembered what day it is

IMG_2021-07-28-08-09-57-059.jpg

Thanks Lozzy. It really was because I had the kiddies ~ 2 & 4 ~ & while they are heaps better behaved than they were they couldn't be left while I investigated a chook so it was basically have a quick look & shove her in a cage overnight. She seems ok but I'm wondering if she's lost her whole tongue...? 🤔 I can't see it but that doesn't mean much...
Poor Beatha 🥲

Back
Top Bottom