Ribh's D'Coopage

I'm so far behind it won't even pick up where I left off.

I wanted to pop in here quick. I'm going to try and be around more often. The tragedy Bob suffered rinded me of what a wonderful group of people we have here. I have missed the people and chooks and cats greatly.

I'll try to do a quick run down...
Rich is doing well with his aneurysm. He is off the Coumadin and now on Plavix for a year. In a year he gets a repeat CT scan, and if stable he can stop the Plavix. He will need a baby aspirin everyday for life, but that's certainly no big deal.

All of Peaches kittens have been adopted. Peaches is staying because Josh is in love with her.View attachment 2916786
Here we have, from top to bottom, Scooby, Peaches, Taz, and Josh. Marigold is still here, she just refuses to share and has to be fed separately.

My job is going so well, I convinced Rich to get a position working security. He watches all the camera on computer monitors. It's perfect for him!

After many ups and downs this year, we finally received 50/50 custody of Rich's kids!
Great update! Thanks CCCL 🙏

I'm not sure what is going on with Sif - & the vet doesn't know either. The twisted neck issue seems to have sorted itself out but now she has lost the use of her legs. She is eating, drinking, pooping well & getting round after a fashion. Here she is enjoying some sunshine & grass.
View attachment 2916663
Was it botulism where a chicken can lose the use of their legs? I seem to remember it being a symptom of something that was discussed.

I'm not sure what is going on with Sif - & the vet doesn't know either. The twisted neck issue seems to have sorted itself out but now she has lost the use of her legs. She is eating, drinking, pooping well & getting round after a fashion. Here she is enjoying some sunshine & grass.
View attachment 2916663
Poor Sif. :hugs
Sounds like a neurological issue.

I wanted to pop in here quick. I'm going to try and be around more often. The tragedy Bob suffered rinded me of what a wonderful group of people we have here. I have missed the people and chooks and cats greatly.

Rich is doing well with his aneurysm. He is off the Coumadin and now on Plavix for a year. In a year he gets a repeat CT scan, and if stable he can stop the Plavix. He will need a baby aspirin everyday for life, but that's certainly no big deal.

All of Peaches kittens have been adopted. Peaches is staying because Josh is in love with her.View attachment 2916786
Here we have, from top to bottom, Scooby, Peaches, Taz, and Josh. Marigold is still here, she just refuses to share and has to be fed separately.

My job is going so well, I convinced Rich to get a position working security. He watches all the camera on computer monitors. It's perfect for him!

After many ups and downs this year, we finally received 50/50 custody of Rich's kids!
It’s so good to hear news from you again.
The cats are gorgeous!
Glad to hear things are going positively!

Early Caturday post :D

We have the Christmas function this evening and of course, it's scheduled inconveniently for chickening hour.

So I've rushed home after three meetings to let the hens out for afternoon foraging and will put them back in the run in a couple of hours before racing back to work for dinner, from which I will excuse myself at 6.30 so I can be home to give the hens their dinner and shut them in for the night.

So, here I am at home and working in my comfy chair while the chooks do a bit of foraging.

Blossom has her own ideas about the laptop's rightful place in the household, and it's not on a lap she wants to occupy.

IMG_2021-12-03-15-02-49-867.jpg

Every time I reach for the laptop, she presses down deeper and purrs louder.

Last edited:
Good morning/evening everyone 😊😴

It's so good to hear from you :hugs

Back
Top Bottom