Ribh's D'Coopage

Koffee Klatch Wednesday Wherever

20220517_084552.jpg

When the Japs get upset they bring their tails all the way forward. Amazing to watch. I've never seen anything like it. My broodies are almost sane @ present as our weather is cooling off. Unfortunately for you, you sound like your broodies are gearing up for a summer of sitting. 🤣
Wow, those tail acrobatics are surprising! :)

Yes, I expect lots more broodies this summer if it is anything like last year. It's interesting though because Clara is walking around tut-tutting almost constantly and both she and Myrna puff up and put out their wings to look big whenever any other hen comes too close, but they have been doing this for such a long time. I keep expecting them to be glued to the nest, but they just keep on keeping on. It does make it easier though, as they don't take up a nest and I don't have to wonder if they are getting enough to eat and drink.

Wow, those tail acrobatics are surprising! :)

Yes, I expect lots more broodies this summer if it is anything like last year. It's interesting though because Clara is walking around tut-tutting almost constantly and both she and Myrna puff up and put out their wings to look big whenever any other hen comes too close, but they have been doing this for such a long time. I keep expecting them to be glued to the nest, but they just keep on keeping on. It does make it easier though, as they don't take up a nest and I don't have to wonder if they are getting enough to eat and drink.
I love my Japs. They are fascinating chickens though I worry about how they got bred that way ~ the short legs & stuff~ but they just seem to glide across the lawn, like those Russian dancers who don't seem to have feet but just float on air. 🤣 They don't seem to have a mean bone in their bodies. As you saw, fuss, fuss, fuss @ me for bothering her but no attack. My black girl, Chavi, is friendly, as is my Birchen, Desdemona. They are all easily handled when needed & lay pretty consistently when not brooding. The eggs are tiny but they are a good size for me. You are brave dealing with broody cochins. The big girls can be hard to handle if they fuss.

Back
Top Bottom